• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Texas Members?

purl

NAXJA Forum User
How many Texas members do we have? As the largest state in the union (screw alaska ;-) ) We should have a Texas Chapter. What chapter do most of you follow? I'm in San Antonio and new to NAXJA, just feelin' the waters.

Peace,
Curt

purl said:
How many Texas members do we have? As the largest state in the union (screw alaska ;-) ) We should have a Texas Chapter. What chapter do most of you follow? I'm in San Antonio and new to NAXJA, just feelin' the waters.

Peace,
Curt
Go to the roster and sort based on state and you will see how many texas members there are.
And in regards to the texas chapter, search around as it's rise and fall was recently discussed :D

Yeah I did some research on it, and it was disbanded in '03. I'm hoping we can get another one going. But, thanks for the info.

Curt

How about a arklatex chapter, as i will never be anywhere close to participate in any of the southeast chapter events.

We started a Texas chapter, but when it came time for elects for a new BOD, not enough texans were welling to step up and take on the responsibility. So, we disbanded.

thats a lot to ask for one state, pull in a few southern states and i think it could work

Like maybe a midwest type deal? OK, MO, AR? I'm willin' to help out as much as possible. So, what do you guys think? Can we pull somethin' like this off?

Curt

i'm in louisiana, part of the southeast chapter, they meet in south carolina i believe. anything will be closer for me. i personally would love to take my participance in naxja to the next level, i'll help however possible. texas arkansas louisiana, maybe oklahoma. nothing to big

Roll-over said:
so where would the meetings be held? That's like 1000 mi across by 750 mi high...
first you need to become a member

care to meet up at barnwell sometime soon?

Ramsey said:
care to meet up at barnwell sometime soon?

Uh, where the hell is that? ;-) I'm always willin' to meet with fellow Jeepers. I've wheeled with another NAXJA member here in San Antone, maybe we could make a weekend trip of it. Josh, you around?

Curt

JnJ said:
You need to get together, have some runs, get to know each other.

JnJ, would you be willing to lend us some of your past experience and knowledge and help us get this off the ground?

Curt

Ramsey said:
first you need to become a member

WOW! What a novel idea!! might that be the very reason for me showing interest in this thread... or starting the last thread on a texas chapter. Don't worry, the czeck will hit the mail soon enough.

calm down, unless i'm missing sarcasm(doesnt convey well through typing) wasnt meaning to be scornful. enough of this though. so whos up for a meet and greet

Okie Terry said:
Oklahoma declines.

We are Midwest.
we wouldnt have taken you anyway

Back