• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering

Johnxj901

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so ive got my xj to the height i wanted 5.5 long arms and 35s . I have a steering question im looking to run crown zj steering. I have a drop pitman arm that was installed at the time of the lift. I had purchased Blees UTK high clearance steering and hate it looking for something more readily adjustable such as zj steering, anyone using this with comparable lift setup?

if you go back to the ZJ stuff, be sure to carry a spare. the nice thing is that you can walk into autzone day after day after day and they will continue to warranty it out... but i bent a ZJ tie rod pretty much every trip. and it wasnt from banging it on rocks, just the weight of the tires and forces from being bound up will do it. interesting note, i bent probably a half dozen ZJ tie rods beyond use, and only ever tweaked one drag link.

WJ stuff is by far the best way to go. if your looking to spend less, i i wouldnt bother with crossover, the dead spot is aweful, and the "fix" bushings that are out there wear out as well. just get a DOM replacement for the tie rod and go play. i think rough country sells one? if your coils are reasonably limited (whether that be by shock, or limit strap) you wont over misalign the drag link like people say. its not the limiting factor in the suspension. we could pull the coils out of my jeep when articulating to measure for limit straps and shocks back when i was still on a stock drag link.

So that being said zj drag link with a chromoly dom tie rod ,should be good ? Dont wanna put a ton into linkage till i get new fron axle setup

DOM tie rod ordered itll be great to get rid of the Blees and have something i can just align normally now to seel the Blees

I'd go with the stinky fan aluminum tie rod

Back