• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Cooler lines or what???

skierbri10

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 XJ 4.0 5-speed Pukenjoe tranny. There are two rubber hose lines coming form the top of the tranny to the engine compartment. They are not hooked up to anything, since I just replaced the clutch I was wondering if I failed to reattach them. Only thing is I can't find where they would go. Do any of you guys or gals know what lines I am talking about, what they are for and where they attach? Mucho Grasias

:dunce:

Aloha from the other side of the world. :wave:
There's one rubber hose that comes from the front diff to the driver's side firewall which is a vent. The 5-speed manual tranny doesn't have a cooler and doesn't need cooler lines. Maybe the other rubber hose is another vent?

Hmm....They come off the Tranny one attaches via a plastic piece in the hole in the forward side and one in the back side, both on top. Also, failed to mention that there is a faint oil smell, if I drive it on a highway.

Are you sure the second one isn't actually coming from the t-case as a vent? That's what it sounds like so far to me...

It's an emergency floatation device, part of the amphibious package available on Renix XJ's. You gotta blow into the tubes until the life raft inflates, then you can ford any water depth you run into. Repair kits are easily found at your local hardware store under the 3M brand of tapes and adhesives.

Lawn Cher' said:
It's an emergency floatation device, part of the amphibious package available on Renix XJ's. You gotta blow into the tubes until the life raft inflates, then you can ford any water depth you run into. Repair kits are easily found at your local hardware store under the 3M brand of tapes and adhesives.

hardy har

Back