• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pressure regulator?

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
I've recently developed a problem were my '96 4.0L like to have the gas pedal pushed to the floor before it will start. I searched the old threads and found one by "Sparky" who mentioned that he said to have had a similar problem where his FPR diaphram was gone. So my questions are:

1. how do I test for this
2. what else could be causing this behavior
3. if its the FPR should I buy stock, NAPA, adjustable?

thanks for the help

Look at Trouble starting must floor it? on here. Similar to your problem.

On 96 the FPR is part of the fuel pump in the tank and really expensive.

...And hard to get to. Could buy a generic in-line model from NAPA and install in protected area easier.

the jeep died on me while driving to work, first the check engine light then no workie, so I had it towed to my neighborhood garage. They ran diagnostics on it and the only code they could pull was for a engine temp sensor and installed a new one. Now it runs fine. Could someone explain this to me.......

Nick said:
the jeep died on me while driving to work, first the check engine light then no workie, so I had it towed to my neighborhood garage. They ran diagnostics on it and the only code they could pull was for a engine temp sensor and installed a new one. Now it runs fine. Could someone explain this to me.......

http://members.cox.net/wilsond/Fixes/diagnostics.html Here is a sheet on the sensors that may help you out. Tell what mode that the sensor affects. badge714 [email protected]

Back