• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 30" tires fit with sagging suspension?

Number21

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '98 XJ, and it needs new tires. It is almost entirely stock, currently with 235/75/R15 tires. The rear leafs are sagging, with nothing in the back they sit almost flat.

This is an extra vehicle for me. I don't often put weight in the back. I don't go offroad. I need to fix the suspension, but I won't have time until this summer. (probably a small lift)

I'm wondering, will 30" tires fit ok with the sagging rear end? I understand they mostly rub on the front during steering. The 235's I have now don't seem to ever rub but they are pretty bald. I don't want to get smaller tires now if I'm going to lift it a bit later...

My son’s XJ has 30s and was stock in the front when we bought it. It’s got after market wheels with more backspacing, but when the suspension flexed a little in the front going in my driveway they would rub in the front. The rear never rubbed, but the PO had added another XJ main leaf so the back was riding a little high.

should work. leaves are cheap. get new ones (with lift)

Back