• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Brake Wiring

XJTowerDog

NAXJA Forum User
Which wire in the brake lamp switch gets patched into with the red wire off the trailer brake controller harness?

I found a diagram that has the white/pink as the brake lamp switch sense and the white/tan as the brake lamp switch output.

Which would be the correct wire to activate the brake lights through the co troller?

You have to have a trailer light converter.

Doesnt the red wire just signla the brake controller to activate the brakes? Then the blue wire carries the signal back to the trailers harness?

Checked that out, definitely have a converter already behing my drivers side tail. Hooked up my 7 pin with adapter and running lights, tails and turns all function.

Back to the original question, i need the cold side of the brake switch. From what ive found i think its the white/red striped wire but i found some varying opionions on that as well.

My switch has: (all wires directly off brake switch)

White/red stripe

Yellow/red stripe
Black
Pink
Dark blue/pink strip
Solid white

The year would help.

1996 Sport 4.0

Not sure if it was factory equiped with a tow package. Current setup is independent of that if i do. 4 pin flat installed by a Uhaul dealership about 5 years back.

On my 2k it was the white/red stripe.

Back