• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ/XJ Control Arm Interchangeability

xjh3

NAXJA Forum User
Going to get some 3" Skyjacker coils from a place I have a gift card to. From what I hear, they give more like 4" of lift which is what I'm going for. I've got a couple extra stock isolators to put in if they arent quite 4" though.

Anyway, on Quadratec for about $100-$130 there are a couple sets of lower control arms that are rated for 4" of lift on a TJ. I'm almost positive that the control arm measurements are the same on all XJ/TJ/ZJs but I just wanted to double check that these will indeed work and be the right length for my setup.

Also, if anyone else has any realworld experience with the actual lift of the Skyjacker 3" springs, I would be very interested.

Thanks

I know that they will bend if you roll your Jeep 3 times. But other than that they seem to be a decent spring. Aren't they all?

SJCoils.jpg

control arms are the same.. buy new uppers as well. not neccesarily adjustable ones, just something better than the sheetmetal thats in there now.

When it comes to control arms, you get what you pay for.

Cheap ones will ride like crap and/or tear mounts off of your axle. Save up a little and find some used RE ones here on NAXJA on the cheap. This year I bought both RE uppers and lowers at $75 a pair by jumping on the deals when they show up.

cal said:
When it comes to control arms, you get what you pay for.

Cheap ones will ride like crap and/or tear mounts off of your axle. Save up a little and find some used RE ones here on NAXJA on the cheap. This year I bought both RE uppers and lowers at $75 a pair by jumping on the deals when they show up.

I agree. I chopped my Rusty's uppers in half and added adjustable RE superflex bushings. Spring for some nice ones.

Small superflexs are direct replacments for the stock upper frame end bushing right?! lol

Back