• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog Lamp Switch . . .

GoalPoster

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 1998 Cherokee Sport. The dang fog light switch has been somewhat tempermental until a few days ago when it bit the dust altogether.

Might be a loose wire or something like that but I haven't the foggiest (oh crap . . . what a looserpun) how to get in there.

Any clues before I take the prybar to the whole thing??????

First, set your parking break, then switch the ignition on, depress the brake and shift the shifter all the way back to the 1-2 position(assuming auto).

Second, firmly grasp the center dash bezel at the bottom. This is the plastic piece that surrouds the radio, HVAC controls, and cig lighter and switches. Pull firmly out towards the back of the Jeep and it will pop off. Note, sometimes they pop off easily, sometimes they're a PITA.

Third, remove the two or three screws holding the switch panel on, and VOILA you're done.:D

Kinda pisses me off that it's that easy to get to the radio, but oh well, if the thieves really want it, they're gonna get it anyhow. HTH

Ary

Oh, btw, a lot of people complain that the little green light in the switch itself gets sooo hot that it melts the internals of the switch. This may be what has happened in your case.

Hey . . . that works pretty easily. Must be the switch. When I squeeze it, the damn thing works.

No squeeze . . . no work . . .

Kinda like my marriage

:D:D:D:D:D

Back