• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OHC wiring help please 98 to 2000

kenallwine

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I have been doing a lot of reading and I am stumped. I recently got a 98 OHC and I am in the middle of putting it in my 00 sport. The '00 did not have the harness for the OHC and I didn't get a harness with my OHC. So, the task at hand is to build a custom harness to go from the 98 OHC to the 2000 wiring. Any pointers or suggestions?

What gets me is that most of the wiring coming from the OHC display is all black! HELP!

Your best bet is to find a harness for a 1998. Making a custom harness would hardly be worth the effort, not to mention the fact that you'll need to find the connectors for the OHC side of things because I believe they are soldered to boards so I don't know how else you would connect the wires up there..

Ken- try to get up to Harry's. There are quite a few donors for the harness you're looking for. I saw a few OHCs in later XJs, so you should be able to find one. Let all the 'clunker' cars stimulate your ride.

Ken- try to get up to Harry's. There are quite a few donors for the harness you're looking for. I saw a few OHCs in later XJs, so you should be able to find one. Let all the 'clunker' cars stimulate your ride.

I have been wanting to get up there. It's good to hear that there are donors that I am looking for. Maybe this weekend if the task master lets me!:rolleyes:

Woo Hoo! I can get that F****n bracket that is discontinued!

Maybe I could finally get my parts for a disc brake conversion too!:cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah, there's plenty of donors for the wire harness, but I don't know if I'd jump at a disc brake conversion just yet. Search around for threads on Liberty rear discs, as they're a lot less hassle, and I saw only one Libby there, and it had drums, and nothing else. Look on Summit's website, they have a nice kit I saw a link to in a thread.

Watch the power/ground for the lights- I put 00 lights in my 97, and found that while they used the same connectors and wire colors, I had to swap two wires to make them work normally. Nothing major, but something you'd probably rather know before you assemble it.

Back