• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubi 44?

Skullver

Still Flailing
I was able to peek at a front Rubicon 44 housing but was only able to make a couple measurements, spring bucket to spring bucket seemed to be the same as xj D30 as well as ball joint to ball joint(no knuckles). I know I have read some posts about these but could not find them, been searching the last 45 minutes. I was just wondering if I am missing something or if this is a viable option for the front of an xj(4-link etc). Any info/measurements, links to.. on these housings would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Chris

that 44 would bolt right into an xj, but, i think the only thing differant is that it has a bigger ring gear then the d30, even the outers are the same.

Last edited:
xj and tj housings are interchangable, TJ guys like to use HP D30s from XJs.

as for the merits of the Rubi 44 most seem to think that a LP44 is not much stonger than a HP30 in a front application, and the week point is always the axles/U-joints anyway (at least with stock axles) and the Rubi front uses the same outers as the D30.

desertjeeper said:
xj and tj housings are interchangable, TJ guys like to use HP D30s from XJs.

as for the merits of the Rubi 44 most seem to think that a LP44 is not much stonger than a HP30 in a front application, and the week point is always the axles/U-joints anyway (at least with stock axles) and the Rubi front uses the same outers as the D30.
I sort of thought that, My hp30 is so thrashed that I was looking at a new housing to play with, the parts to build either up are comparable so I may go that route. Just researching options, would like to do it right the first time, if possible. I am not quite ready to go full width. Thanks for the info/replies.

Back