• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 43, stalls w/o "Check Engine"light on....

gptherezonlyone

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here is how it goes. I'm driving along and the engine stalls but fires back up and idles in Drive at around 200 rpms. I try to accelerate and it will stall and die and i will pull over, stop and try to start it back up. Sometimes it will fire right up and I will take off. Sometimes I will have to disconnect and reconnect the battery and it will fire right up like nothing happened. Also it will stall and start back up for a half a second going down the highway. I can't get it to do it by performing a certain maneuver and I am not hitting any bumps or puddles when it stalls. Also when it stalls, and I try to start it back up and it doesn't want to start uless I disco the battery, I can hear the fuel pump turning on so I don't think it is that, or its relay. This is a 97XJ AW4. What the hell is wrong????????????

A code 43 is a misfire. How recent is your tune up and maintaince ?
New pulgs,wires and dist cap/rotor may be needed as well as a fuel filter.Also check for any loose hoses to the MAP sensor.
A throttle body cleaning could help also.
HTH
Wayne

Back