• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jk Rubi Shocks in an XJ?

99xjScott

NAXJA Forum User
My friend owns an 09 jk rubicon recntly got a 3in Teraflex lift put on and ive heard rumors that the stock ones will work
so my question is will Jk Rubi Shocks fit in an XJ?:arrowr::arrowr::arrowr::arrowr:

Ive searched and searched and cannot come up with anything
thanks

The rear shocks can handle 5" easily. The front shock travel is only about 1" longer than the stock shocks, which limits them to about 2-3" of suspension lift by themselves. You can go higher if you want but you risk destroying the shock absorber and/or the sheetmetal whenever that side fully extends. That won't happen much in street driving but it can happen very often on the trails.

I have the RE 3.5 springs which puts the actual unloaded height at around 4.5-5". With the shocks disconnected (so they do not restrict movement) the distance between mounting points is 17" fully compressed and 25.5" fully extended (spring unloaded but not unseated). I have a bar-pin eliminator block that adds 1" of length to the shock travel, and I get about 15.5" x 23.75". So I am about 2" short on full articulation.

So the front shocks are really only good up to 3" lift even with the BPE helper block.

The rear shocks are fine though, lots of travel left back there.

You can use shocks for a YJ instead, they are about 2" longer than stock XJ shocks and should be good for 3-4" lift. The Monroe 37120 are about 3" longer than the XJ and should bolt right up, about $30 each

Last edited:
Back