• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

november 3rd

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
well, a few of us folks had a run planned for november 3rd, in the evening. now with the forrest closures thats gone kaput. sooooooo.... whos up for a bomber run through the desert at night? im sure we can find somewhere to go play, maybe even camp out who knows.

im looking for something a little closer to home, thanks tho :D

people that are not going to calico (i know its only a few) are welcome to come with us! see what else your XJ will handle besides crawling around on the rocks!

Hey Grimm, if you've never been to Calico, it is mostly easy rockcrawling with the exception of a few obstacles. At the bottom of the peak and the trail, there are a few areas that are desert like to run around. Calicos a great place to wheel.

djblade311 said:
Hey Grimm, if you've never been to Calico, it is mostly easy rockcrawling with the exception of a few obstacles. At the bottom of the peak and the trail, there are a few areas that are desert like to run around. Calicos a great place to wheel.
my dads car club used to have a big even at calico every year ive been there 11 times. we used to run around the trails at night in an old ford pickup. ive pretty much been all over out there.

guys im not coming to calico, ok? :cheers:

look guys if i wanted to go to calico i would have posted in the calico thread, it would have looked something like this

hey guys im going to calico!! i'll see ya there woohoo whooptie doo-dah!

back to topic please. if anyone is NOT going to calico, and would like something ELSE to do that weekend post up. im just trying to include people that i dont normally hang out with, otherwise its just going to be me and my bros.

Grimm are you looking at an overnight trip or just a day run? Scenic exploring or blasting through the desert ala Jeepspeed?

Sooo, you're NOT going to Calico then?????????? :flamemad:

Me niether. Family plans - son's best friends' birthday party at 10:00 AM then a tailgate party and watch USC get beat in the evening....

My sister-in-law is an Oregon State fan. She went to school there (and USC), bt she hates USC football. She got us tickets a while back and I can not tell her no.

So, r u going to JV? I have to do some work to my rig before then, but I am planning on going. Probably make it a LONG day trip. Leave at 5:00 AM, get home at 1:00 AM....

You have fun on your non-Calico run!

karstic said:
Grimm are you looking at an overnight trip or just a day run? Scenic exploring or blasting through the desert ala Jeepspeed?
im bringing my son, and thinking about maybe making it an overnighter, just the guys type of thing. i work till 2, and he has a soccer game starting at 1, so we probably wont hit the road till 3 or 4... so this will be a night wheelin extravaganza. come on you know you want to play around with all those pretty lights on your rig you never get to use! :D i forsee some cruising, some bombing thru the desert, if we are staying overnight then maybe a few cold ones around a camp fire. i cant beat my rig too hard cause ive got glamis coming up on thanksgiving, but it should be fun.

I vote el mirage!

Leep said:
Better clean your steering wheel and seat first...

Well it looks like the AV ASS BANDIT has struck. This is a warning, there is a mysterious ASS BANDIT out there wiping his ass in your seat, watch out! This one was caught on film.

crashass.jpg

geez.

anyways, looks like el mirage is the place. saturday nov 3rd around dusk is the time. we need a place for everyone to meet up and head out from. i would like to camp somewhere for the night, maybe have a little camp fire (or a big one, muahahah) and toss back a few beers with my friends. so who's in?

Back