• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock sliders

mikecooper

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at spending about $300. In your opinion who makes the best quailty bolt on rock slider. It will be welded on later AFTER the LA install but for now it only needs to be bolt on. I dont want it welded bc it may conflict with a LA mounting, I am still decided on TNT but Claytion is more in my price range and a little more beef, but I do like the skid on the tnt. And if there are any that you know of interfere with ANY of the kits thats would be good info as well.Thanks in advance Mike

mikecooper said:
Who else can attest to aj's?

Nice guy...very nice. Good stuff....haven't heard ANYONE bash him....Member too, which for my money, made it worth the time to order them.

Should be here tomorrow according to FedEx.

Personally...I CANT WAIT !!

http://ajsoffroadarmor.com/cgi-bin/upload/rockrail smack.wmv

If this doesnt work go to his site and "Interaction". Then check out the "rock rails video" thread. Those are AJ's rails on my XJ. Hardly a scratch after that.

Yeah, AJ's is awesome. 3 days to deliver, easy install, they take a beating and look great. And for $200 ? It's a steal.

Plus AJ is great to work with.

I went with rocky road and I recomend staying away from them. I have no experience with AJ's but I have not heard anything bad about them.

As for TnT, I have their long arm kit on my rig and love it. I wish I went with the whole setup: sliders, longarm/belly skid, and stiffeners. Don't know of any other company who offers that much protection/armor for the xj. I am sure there is, I am just not aware of any.

red91inWA said:
Nice guy...very nice. Good stuff....haven't heard ANYONE bash him....
You should talk to my wife. :rattle: J/K, she actually has been helping me out in the shop, sorta distracting at times but she's killer with a plasma cutter.

AJsArmor said:
You should talk to my wife. :rattle: J/K, she actually has been helping me out in the shop, sorta distracting at times but she's killer with a plasma cutter.

I'll be sure to ask for the TECH next time I call.....good with a plasma cutter ?

You'd better watch your back if she gets :flamemad:

Hey, I ran into you the other day at AZ. With the way your rig is built, build your own. http://www.madxj.com/ Go to the technical articles and find the rocker panels section. Here, there are three different options you could chose from.

If you have the time, tools, and patience this would be the way to go.

They save some money and you get the satisfaction of a job well done when
you beat the hell out of them and the do thier job.

Here are pics of my junk with the third option from the above link. If you want I would be willing to give you some help. PM me, should you go one of these routes.

BTW, I absolutly love how they work or I would not suggest it.

jeepaxlesin048.jpg

jeepaxlesin004.jpg

jeepaxlesin024.jpg

jeepaxlesin037.jpg

Last edited:
I have a set of AJ's Super rails and I love em! I can't say enough good things about AJ, his welds are top notch, great customer service, easy to deal with, cheaper than everybody else, and a helluva nice guy! I have a rear bumper and rails already with a front winch bumper in the works. You won't find better quality,service, or price anywhere else!

jrsxj98 said:
Another voter for AJ's. Simple when you add his customer service with his quality.....
No doubt.

FedEx lost my first set of rails, and AJ upgraded my order, and sent the new set out before his settlement with FedEx.

Fergie

Thanks guys, appreciate it! Never had anyone report back saying their rails intefered with any LA kit out there. But if your rockers are damaged or rusted at all, I'd definitely go the route of replacing it like they did on MADXJ. Mine were rusted pretty bad and it killed two birds with one stone that way.

will his rails conflict with the clayton long arm kit. I would like a slider to just weld and bolt to the subframe and not the pinch weld, since some rock stole my passanger side pinch weld already, anyone know if the aj's will still work for me?

I just stopped by Kevin's Offroad and we test fit a set of his Cherokee sliders to see if they'd work with my TnT belly pan (and soon to be LA lift!) They fit with no problems, and since I have the HD chassis stiffenerz from TnT, I've got something sturdy to attach them too! And Kevin's has a very good price, IMO...

Back