• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

November events Poll

Which party will you be joining November?

• 99% sure I'll be in Hot Springs.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I'm Hoping to be in Hot Springs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 99% sure I'll be in Barnwell

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I'm Hoping to be in Barnwell

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I'll be wishing I was wheeling

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Somewhere else.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
As you may or may not have noticed we're looking to have a weekend of wheeling In November. It isn't so much of an event in one location, but more of a chapter wide "get your XJ dirty" weekend. Several of us are planning on attending the "Wounded Warrior" run in Hot Springs while others will be going to Barnwell. In fact there will probably even be others in other locations within our chapter.

The time for planning these outings is now. As such I am polling to figure out who Plans on attending where. We won't be feeding everyone, Just hangin out with fellow XJers and wheeling.

November 14-16

Last edited:
1986XJIan said:
Yeah, I guess they do...my mistake.

Not your first... and I know it WON'T be your last.

BTW you know how to weld yet or is Jenn still doing it for you?

Now back to your regular program.....

I say we go to Gilmer. Its been a lil while since the fam and I have been to Barnwell.

xxmidianxx said:
BTW you know how to weld yet or is Jenn still doing it for you?

And what's wrong with my having a girlfriend whose XJ is better than mine, who can weld, and who makes more money than me? I mean sheesh! All that I have to do is cook, clean, and sit around looking pretty.

Wait....

That all does sound pretty bad huh?

Back on topic now....

So, since everyone wants to do different things we're just gonna form little groups and scatter? That's cool.

BUT!!!!

Perhaps we should start planning a spring run now before people start filling their calendars. Perhaps our fearless leaders could just pick a date and place and those of us who can, and want to make an appearance, go. Those that don't, well, they can play with themselves.....errrr..by themselves.

:soapbox:
[whining and bitching] What kinda association are we if we don't actually associate? I have been trying to put together a North/Central Texas area picnic/lunch/dinner/get-together for months now and get zero interest. Chia and Midian have both tried to have wrenching parties and they seem to have not had much luck. What's the deal? [/whining and bitching]

:soapbox:

OK....perhaps that belonged in a different thread, sorry.

1986XJIan said:
Perhaps we should start planning a spring run now before people start filling their calendars. Perhaps our fearless leaders could just pick a date and place and those of us who can, and want to make an appearance, go. Those that don't, well, they can play with themselves.....errrr..by themselves.

Believe it or not, we had this exact conversation regarding our November get-together. That discussion is eventually what drove us to ignore conflicting events. Basically, we've decided that we're gonna crash Barnwell and anyone who wants to join us is welcome. :)

But starting our Spring planning is a fine idea. I'll start thinking about where and when so everyone can start socking away some cash. Maybe we could make "The Rides of March" an official thing every year?

Kendrik said:
Maybe we could make "The Rides of March" an official thing every year?

I second that. I liked the title and the timing. Plus is not too hot that time of year either.

Back