• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mild build 96 jeep Cherokee

Seeker

NAXJA Forum User
I am toying around with selling my 1996 cherokee. I don't wheel as much as I used to. I blame the new enduro....  If I can't get anything for her I'll probably run her into the ground.... Looking to trade for something 4x4.. preferably a truck.. needs to be at least extended cab. Diesel would be amazing. Let me know what you have....

1996 Jeep Cherokee
6 cylinder
f374d6f5ba12b2cfaeb392dcda32aae3.jpg

a82d076f008229f52b8efd5f124b44bc.jpg
87f858df23c4e545894c83d2060e8d26.jpg

The Good:
•Automatic aw4 new solenoids within the last few years
•Engine has good compression.
•Bought from a guy who worked at a shop
•Custom rear bumper with high lift
•3.5 rough country  lift
•cutom front bumper
• CB radio,
To be installed by buyer ;)
• roof  rack
•in rocker panel rocker..
•I also have an m100 (small world war 2 trailer) that I would include for a trade for a truck. It rolls but need works. Registered with title.
The bad:
•Needs headliner.
• Brand new ac condensor leaked out recently.
•Interior is fine but I have kids so it isn't perfect.
• Belts chirp a little. May need a harmonic balancer in the future?
•   It needs new tires. I have some 60% duratracs I will be putting on in the near furture.
•Have had some heating issues on the trail. New radiator, fans, thermostat, water pump. It could also be the heavy tires. The general grabbers are a beast on stock gears. The regeared axles may help. ..
Just being honest. It's functional and runs well but it isn't brand new...
b1ec0f637562ee19fcb168e4e3836a5f.jpg

63cc28ba146ff8da2d9a7eed383d63c3.jpg

5f1a039582b30eb859b29430b381f374.jpg

Not installed I have 4.56 axles Dana 30 and Chrysler 8.25. Yoke seems lose on the rear. Also a Yukon lunchbox locker I never put in.

It's a feeler. I will take cash or trade. Seeing what I could get for it all- axles included. I'll consider parts separate if someone makes a decent offer on just the jeep...

Would you consider just selling the trailer? I have a 1943 GPW in need of a complete restoration and would love to have a trailer for it.

Would you consider just selling the trailer? I have a 1943 GPW in need of a complete restoration and would love to have a trailer for it.

I will get rid of the trailer if I find a truck but I'll entertain offers for separate parts. I'll try to get pictures of the trailer.

Seeing what I can get for it.... Make an offer...

This is not how that works in here. This isn't Craigslist or E-Bay.

$1600 isn't enough. Looking for enough to convince me to get rid of it. Not desperate at this point just seeing what I could get and what's out there.

and would you hold out if someone offered $2550? how about $2800? maybe $3200? theres got to be a magic number somewhere. just saying.

Just to give some input - up here in NorCal 1400-2750 would be the going rate for that thing with the axles installed. Ive picked up a ton of NAXJA and CL rigs over the last 10 years, locked, geared, 8.8 or a 44 rear (not 8.25) with sliders, bumpers, good tires, long arms, currie steering, SYE, roofeack, tire carrier, etc for 1500-2500$. so that 2500$ offer was very fair in my eyes, I've also bought about 4-10 XJs a year for 10 years and I log parts and prices for them in excel , for most of them if not all. most people don't buy that many XJs, don't check every CL within 300 miles every single hour, so most don't know the market as well as I do. and most haven't had to sell used XJ parts in that sort of volume. So I kinda get the XJ pricing thing. maybe there is a Socal Tax/premium though.

Back