• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Vehicle & Daily Driver build

AlphaWhiskey

NAXJA Forum User
first post here, I have a 1996 XJ classic as my First Vehicle. It has a 3" lift, alloy wheels and bits of other stuff. It needs quite a Bit of work, I will post pics as my project commences.

The day I brought it home
IdBD19S.jpg

Pics of after We got it to the shop
N3HLHr7.jpg

o75UzQA.jpg

6XVW56f.jpg

m0B7Cpy.jpg

In the shop to start work
UaZRozN.jpg

Found this after we got it on the rack I hate the salt belt :flamemad:
DH34ipZ.jpg

Pulled the carpet and found this lovelyness on both sides
40nvDMv.jpg

After I cut the rust out and treated it
AJWUXLX.jpg

2fk12Wc.jpg

cHYB9Qe.jpg

Mounted Antenna and new fogs
5nZZxaC.jpg

V6nBYZx.jpg

Still need to find and fix various leaks. but this is how it sits for today.

WOW large pictures.
Looks like you are off to a hell of a start. Bummer about the rust but it seems you are well equipped to deal with it.
Also - and not that you'd want to hear it, this being your first car and all -
maintenance first. "Reliable transportation" beats the crap out of "hot rod" every time if you have to choose. Get a handle on the rust, the leaks, the drivability, bearings, etc - get it all squared away before spending your money on lift, bigger tires, etc.
Enjoy!

WOW large pictures.
Looks like you are off to a hell of a start. Bummer about the rust but it seems you are well equipped to deal with it.
Also - and not that you'd want to hear it, this being your first car and all -
maintenance first. "Reliable transportation" beats the crap out of "hot rod" every time if you have to choose. Get a handle on the rust, the leaks, the drivability, bearings, etc - get it all squared away before spending your money on lift, bigger tires, etc.
Enjoy!

Thanks, Rust is currently being contained. Tomorrow it gets 3-5 coats of por-15 top and bottom and frame rails. Then 18 awg steel to replace cut out rust spots and. Maintenance is one of my top priority's The trans cooler needs part of the line replaced. Need to change transmission pan gasket and change its and the t-case fluid with synthetic. and get the the root of the main oil leaks t-case handle needs adjustment. The good thing is the lift,tires and wheels came with it. the only thing I have added so far is the CB/10m and the antenna.

zKsdsnk.jpg

Oh and also picked up for 200 a 95 base xj 2.5 5 speed for parts

First Vehicle & Daily Driver build

Any modern browser will autoscale the pics, BUT for those on mobile devices, it can take a while to load. If your browser doesn't do this, that's your problem.

Re: First Vehicle & Daily Driver build

Any modern browser will autoscale the pics, BUT for those on mobile devices, it can take a while to load. If your browser doesn't do this, that's your problem.

chrome, no longer dose this :(

looks like a great build up.

Back