• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metal cutting...

I went to Home Depot and they have a blade. Watch the video cutting 3/16 steel plate. I am in love. :smootch:
CIMG1624.jpg

CIMG1625.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8o5IUM1RKg

1/4 is the max recommended size for it. It shouldn't have any prob with it. The blade runs 40 bucks at Home Depot.

:yelclap:

tried Cutting any tube specifically 1/4 / .250 wall tube Yet?

I am looking something that will cut that straight other than my sawzall. I miss having a bandsaw around, sawzall does not always cut straight........... :(

I use these metal cutting blades everyday at work (industrial electrician... we use em for cutting aluminum cable tray and steel strut and 1/4 steel for brackets). We convinced the company to start stocking them for us after we bought a couple and showed the bosses how much time and energy is saved just by using them. Everyone has been impressed with the life of the blades and with the quality of the cuts. They leave a VERY VERY clean edge to the cut which means less time spent with a file or grinder cleaning the cuts up and you can cut very precisely with them.

I carry the small version in a skil saw around with me at work and I have a large one put into a chop saw that stays on the workbench in my garage. Love em.

Last edited:
I have the DeWalt version on their metal cutting saw and it is awesome. I cut 2x4 .250 wall no problem. I even use it to cut 2" Solid tube and it is still effortless. The blade is intended for slow rpm not high rpm like an abrasive chop saw blade.

Make sure you respect the blades reccomended RPM. A lot of skill saws and chop saws will have a much higher RPM than what steel cutting blades reccomend. You will nuke the teeth if you use the blades in these saws or even worse... watching the blade explode right in front of you (Seen it at work a couple times).

BTW, I purchase Morse carbide tipped blades all the time for my shop. We can usually get 3-4 months of use out of them even when used everyday. If you can stand the noise and painful chips, they are well worth the $.

Make sure you respect the blades reccomended RPM. A lot of skill saws and chop saws will have a much higher RPM than what steel cutting blades reccomend. You will nuke the teeth if you use the blades in these saws or even worse... watching the blade explode right in front of you (Seen it at work a couple times).

BTW, I purchase Morse carbide tipped blades all the time for my shop. We can usually get 3-4 months of use out of them even when used everyday. If you can stand the noise and painful chips, they are well worth the $.
My Makita Hypoid saw only turns about 4000 rpms. So it should be alright.

I have used metal cutting abrasive Skilsaw blades they work pretty good I've cut up to 1/2" But boy it's slow and HECK. But it gets the job done and they are only acouple bucks a piece.

:lecture::clap:

Man, its a good thing I know a guy with a few of these blades and spare saw. otherwise i'd have to buy my own. :D

Back