• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer Brake Controller for XJ

nrwphoto

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any recommendations for a low profile/simple trailer brake controller to put in our XJs? It's a 2001 and did not come with a tow package and is currently wired with a 4 pin. So I know I will have to upgrade to a 7 pin. I would like something low profile since so many bolt to the lower dash and there just isn't room in our XJs if you like your knees.

For those that will ask or comment "Buy a truck/real tow vehicle" I sold the F150 because the wife said no trailer for a couple of years. 2 months later... Surprise! "I bought a trailer today, can you go pick it up?" (Already got it to the house)

2 horse trailer in a 50 mile radius on 55mph county roads. Trailer weighs 2600#, one horse at 800#, even with tack, feed and a water jug we are looking well below 4000# within the range of the XJ's tow limits.

I have a Tekonsha Voyager in mine, it's sits below the dash right the side kick. Been there for 10yrs no problem.

Back