• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vleds H4 Evolution Micro

Sub Zero

NAXJA Forum User
I had posted before about space behind the headlights because I wanted to install the vleds h4 micro evolution headlight bulbs and was concerned about fitment. Just wanted to give an update incase anyone else was interested in doing this mod. The bulbs fit in my 94 without any cutting or modification, I just had to tuck the headlight harness back behind the headlight adjustment buckets. The lights are super bright and seem to be great quality, but I'm no expert on the subject. I would assume these would work on any xj with the h4 conversion. I took a bunch of pics during and after the installation, and re-aimed the headlights. Let me know what you guys think about the lights and how I have them aimed.

Compared to standard H4

LED vs Halogen

Aimed low beam

Aimed hi beam

Left looked a little high so lowered it a little to be inline

Looking at the design, I'd worry about that metal ring where the tabs are coming loose over time. It appears to be just pressed over the knurled section of the bulb. Looks like it has a good beam pattern though, you'll probably find out the durability over time. I put truck-lites in my jeep, but am playing with LED bulbs in my F350. Just ordered a set of supernova perfectfits from headlightrevolution.com we'll see how they go.

Mark

Looking at the design, I'd worry about that metal ring where the tabs are coming loose over time. It appears to be just pressed over the knurled section of the bulb. Looks like it has a good beam pattern though, you'll probably find out the durability over time. I put truck-lites in my jeep, but am playing with LED bulbs in my F350. Just ordered a set of supernova perfectfits from headlightrevolution.com we'll see how they go.

Mark

There is tension there. You press down on the h4 faceplate and turn the base to index the "bulb"

As someone who daily drives down rural roads, please get bright auxiliary lights if you need more light. A stock H4 should be more than enough light for 99% of your driving (hell, I have no problem seeing most of the time with the sealed beam jobs on my XJ). Coming around a corner in the sticks to be greeted by overly bright 5000k lights is not only supremely annoying, it's dangerous. Yes, you can see, but that's of little consolation to the guy going the other way who no longer can. Since these are your "low" beams, this is as dim as it gets for you.

Don't be surprised when you get highbeamed everywhere you go. :D

How did you deal with the rubber boot that slips over the back of the H4?

I'd be worry about moisture intrusion in the lamp housing.

As someone who daily drives down rural roads, please get bright auxiliary lights if you need more light. A stock H4 should be more than enough light for 99% of your driving (hell, I have no problem seeing most of the time with the sealed beam jobs on my XJ). Coming around a corner in the sticks to be greeted by overly bright 5000k lights is not only supremely annoying, it's dangerous. Yes, you can see, but that's of little consolation to the guy going the other way who no longer can. Since these are your "low" beams, this is as dim as it gets for you.

Don't be surprised when you get highbeamed everywhere you go. :D

Super late checking back on this thread. Had these LEDs in for over a year before I sold my jeep. Never got flashed a single time. They were aimed properly and not shining in other driver's eyes.

Back