• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from the dead

1999mj

NAXJA Forum User
Acouple months ago you may remember HQuakers (Scott) had a little misshap with his very clean well taken care of Cherokee and the insurance company totaled it out. Well I couldn't let it get parted out or crushed so I picked it up from him for a nice deal and broght it back to life. Got all the parts from the local junk yard for next to nothing ( thank you cash for clunkers). Gave it a nice paint job at work and buffed it all out. Almost as good as new Now my wife is driving it and enjoyng the heck out ot it. Here's a couple before pictures that Scott took right after the accident

PC230061.jpg

PC230060.jpg

PC230056.jpg

PC230057.jpg

PC230059.jpg

Here she is now. Still need to do something for a front bumper but at least the major stuff is done. Next is to get the wife wheelin it a little.

P1010096.jpg

Looks good! From the picture looks like nothing ever happened.
If you're every in NH I have a stock front bumper and mounts from my 94 you could have.

I had the pleasure of meeting Scott before the accident at a Jeep show last summer, it was a very clean rig. It hurt to see it totaled.

Looks like you did a nice job, congrats. Did you take pics during the rebuild? It would make a good thread for the bodywork and paint section of Mod Tech.

nice work, how long did that take?

WOW! If I ever end up in an accident I want you doing the body repair work :thumbup: I'm nowhere near that good.

Glad to see it saved!

I had the pleasure of meeting Scott before the accident at a Jeep show last summer, it was a very clean rig. It hurt to see it totaled.

Looks like you did a nice job, congrats. Did you take pics during the rebuild? It would make a good thread for the bodywork and paint section of Mod Tech.

I didn't take pictures during rebuild. I have my eye on another wrecked XJ. I'll be sure to do a write up on that one. It has more or less the same damage as this one did

Nice work man!! Very impressive.. Your new screen name should be Dr. XJ, M.D.

Did you cut the crunched chassis bits off and weld donors on? Or did you pull everything straight again? Either way, did you do the body work at home? I read that you painted it at work, and was just curious if you did all that at a body shop (work..) or at home.

Great job!

J.

Did you cut the crunched chassis bits off and weld donors on? Or did you pull everything straight again? Either way, did you do the body work at home? I read that you painted it at work, and was just curious if you did all that at a body shop (work..) or at home.

Great job!

J.

I pulled everything out first. Then I replaced the inner fender from the coil bucket forward with a doner piece I had them cut off for me at the junk yard. I work at a body shop and did everything there.

Back