• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sparhwk 3.0 - a build thread

Just found a BDS kit on the marketplace, based on a cursory look on the forums BDS seems like a pretty good brand? ...“3 1/2 bds lift kit not ad a leaf with jks track bar $500” seems like a decent deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found a BDS kit on the marketplace, based on a cursory look on the forums BDS seems like a pretty good brand? ...“3 1/2 bds lift kit not ad a leaf with jks track bar $500” seems like a decent deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDS is an awesome brand! Made in Coldwater, Michigan. All their stuff comes with a no questions asked warranty. If it breaks they will replace it, no problem. No I'm not a vendor for them just a very happy customer.

The only thing i would change is the jks track bar. The jks track bar is a very good track bar but limited in it's downward droop. I would go to a double shear track bar, unless you don't really plan on wheeling all that often.

But for $500 I would grab it ASAP.

Long overdue update:
..enter a 2 week period to remove the hub from the knuckle and paint surrounding areas, tried every trick I could read about, bought a HF 1 ton hub puller that ripped the hub in half, but in the end it was large sledge, metal chisels, and lots of PB Blaster that did the trick. Removed the knuckle, wire wheeled it and sprayed it with black glossy caliper pant. Applied anti seize between hub & knuckle
This is the method of removing hubs for years.
In the future, using the power steering to remove a rustedhub is drop dead simple and takes only a minute or two, even with severely rusted hubs.
https://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/unitbearing/unitbearing-1.htm

I have been running a BDS rear leaf pack for years with no sagging and a deck ride, good stuff.

Back