• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have an open NP242J to check something for me

UPDATE:

The input bearing is the wrong size and was keeping my planetary gear from seating all the way down. That was the problem. Back to the drawing board on getting replacement bearings. The was the USA standard kit off Amazon, it was supposed to fit my year. I’m sending it back. Anyone know where to get a good kit? This one was supposed to have Japanese Nachi bearings but it only had one Japanese bearing. The rest were no name and I wasn’t totally comfortable putting them in anyway.
Novak adapt is where i got mine from. Full set of Japanese bearings.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip @devildog0 I’m waiting for them to wake up so I can order a set.

I think I might need a new case half. Anyone have the big side laying around?

I ordered the Novak kit. It cost $144 shipped to colorado from Utah. I believe he said it was the MR-2 kit. Another guy went to look what bearings are I. It. 2 are Nachi, 1 is Koyo and the cup bearing and one other I assume is the blind bearing doesn’t have a brand. Just a number.

All of mine were of the same brand. I believe this was the brand here. The box looks the same. Nachi "Quest"

ntn-nachi-bearing3.jpg

Back