NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > NACFest 2021
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NACFest 2021 June 17th - 20th, 2021 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Tremont, PA

Old May 21st, 2021, 17:42
NAC VP

MidlandUSA Radio Sponsor

Hey all Id like to welcome MidlandUSA as a sponsor for our event! They are graciously sending us some prizes for our raffle and have created a discount code for us. Use promo code NAC15 for 15% off! Get a working radio before the event so everyone can communicate on the trail! Code is good til the end of the year!
Old May 31st, 2021, 19:32
NAXJA Member

Re: MidlandUSA Radio Sponsor

Awesome
he demonstrated how a helicopter works thats the real reason he didnt get the cop job
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:44
NAXJA Member #920

Re: MidlandUSA Radio Sponsor

Mentioned this in another thread, but I'll restate here:

CBs operate at 27MHz, which has a wavelength of around 9 feet or so. If you sit inside a full-bodied vehicle like an XJ with a CB walkie-talkie, you won't hear anything or be heard using the "rubber duck" antenna because the signals won't "fit through the windows". An open or soft-top vehicle like a CJ or Wrangler won't have this problem.

So, if you have a rig with a metal roof and you want the handheld, get an external antenna as well to stick on the roof/hood/etas well the radio.

I've actually been eyeing the 75-822 myself of late, as it can either as a hand-held or a "mobile" - attach the rubber antenna and one of the battery shells, it's a walkie-talkie. Take those off and attach the mobile adapter, and you have a lighter-powered radio that has the traditional connector for an external antenna and it's like the Cobra 75wxt with all the controls in the microphone unit. Thinking I could keep that in the daily driver and put up the mag-mount whip on the trunk when I want to, but then switch to "walkie" mode and throw it in the Jeep for backup or when I'm away from the truck spotting or something...