NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > NACFest 2021
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NACFest 2021 June 17th - 20th, 2021 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Tremont, PA

Old June 11th, 2021, 11:24
NAXJA Member #920

Re: To-Do list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2pus View Post
I have door seals Rob, no need to buy one if your fix doesn't work out. Let me know.
Rich
Thank.

Now i Can you bring one along to Tf the weldhere's a section on the one I have now at the top of the door that seems to have deformed differently than the rest, and that may not be a good sign for the overall health of the seal; even if I can tighten things up by adjusting, it might be smarter in the long run to just swap it out anyway (which only takes about 5 minutes).s holding that stupid little plate in the passenger frame rail would just cooperate and let go tomorrow so I can finish the skid install and get the bumper back on, I'd be very happy guy...
Old June 11th, 2021, 16:04
NAC VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcalibur223 View Post
Install ebrakes Done just needs final adjustment and a zip tie
Paint and install rear bumper- Don't think Im going to have the time to get this done.
Hope it still drives ok on the highway- Who knows what's gonna happen with this. It hasn't seen over 30 mph in 2+ years
Well put some new wipers on today, replaced the leaky heater valve and did final adjustments on the ebrake. Drove it but could only get to about 45 in traffic and a caliper locked up. Didn't have the tools with me so I need to order a caliper and go back maybe tomorrow after work. If not than no jeep
Old June 11th, 2021, 18:24
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mayercik View Post
Thank.

Now i Can you bring one along to Tf the weldhere's a section on the one I have now at the top of the door that seems to have deformed differently than the rest, and that may not be a good sign for the overall health of the seal; even if I can tighten things up by adjusting, it might be smarter in the long run to just swap it out anyway (which only takes about 5 minutes).s holding that stupid little plate in the passenger frame rail would just cooperate and let go tomorrow so I can finish the skid install and get the bumper back on, I'd be very happy guy...
Sure I'll dig one up.
Old June 12th, 2021, 10:13
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcalibur223 View Post
Well put some new wipers on today, replaced the leaky heater valve and did final adjustments on the ebrake. Drove it but could only get to about 45 in traffic and a caliper locked up. Didn't have the tools with me so I need to order a caliper and go back maybe tomorrow after work. If not than no jeep
I have faith in you.
Old June 12th, 2021, 17:12
NAC VP

Quote:
I have faith in you.
Got out of work early enough thankfully. Replaced both front calipers just in case. Drove it an hour north to my townhouse and is as ready as its gonna be. Let's see if my landlord gets any complaints about it this week.
Old June 12th, 2021, 18:06
NAXJA Member

Must do:
Replace all my bent leaf springs. DONE
Adjust my pinion angle. DONE ENOUGH
Replace d44 yoke. DONE
T-case output seal. DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO DO THIS
Install rear drive shaft. DONE
Frame side shackle bushings. DONE

HOPEFULLY FIXED MY LOCKER THAT WAS RANDOMLY UNLOCKING. YES I AM YELLING THIS.

Wish list:
Repair rotted frame sections. LOST CAUSE
Fix pitman arm hitting tiered. NOPE
Idk I'm sure there's other stuff. THERE WAS!!
he demonstrated how a helicopter works thats the real reason he didnt get the cop job
Old June 13th, 2021, 11:39
NAXJA Member #920

Thanks, Rich, I appreciate it.

Gas tank skid is finally done - was able to get that little plate out of the rail yesterday, getting the skid into place and zipped down with the impact gun was easy by comparison.

Battery is replaced too - had it tested (just for record, you understand), and when the guy programmed the CCA number of it into the tester, the thing apparently laughed at him.

She's basically ready to rock and roll now, but I am going to tweak the hinges tomorrow or Tuesday (see now where it's not tight enough against the seal), so when I swap in the other seal it should be nice and tight.

Stefan, how bad is your tcase output seal leak? When I tried to do mine back at RocktoberFest in 19, it would have been a 20-minute job if I hadn't pulled a bonehead and broken my tailshaft extension housing. Heck, the seal I bought that weekend is still in my storage tote in the cargo area (I used the one in the housing I bought to save time, but it leaked and I ended up having it done by a professional when I got home); if memory serves, your YJ is within a year of my 92, so if you find yourself needing one once you get to the Fest....
Old June 13th, 2021, 17:43
NAXJA Member

Fyi I talked to Lynne today and we are good to go for Thursday morning, someone will have the park open for us. So, I just need to nail down more raffle stuff from Qtec, and pick up the shirts, which should be done Tuesday at latest. So we are a go for launch!
I'm bringing up a load of firewood in a utility trailer, so we should be pretty solid there too.
Stuffs coming together, weather looks good, we've got the food locked in for Saturday, so all looks well from where I'm standing.
This one won't be the biggest, but I'm betting it's going to be quite good. If I forget to say this later, everyone have a safe trip up, and prepare for a little fun!
Rich
Old June 13th, 2021, 18:31
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Thank.

Rob, this is so unlike you. Odd diction, imprecise wording....????
Are you secretly hitting the box wine? It's that or you need to fire your ghost writer.
Old June 14th, 2021, 14:39
NAC VP

Going to pack the tools and everything up tonite. That way all I need to do is reconnect the battery and drive. See everyone on Thursday afternoon
Old June 14th, 2021, 18:40
NAXJA Member #920

Quote:
Rob, this is so unlike you. Odd diction, imprecise wording....????
Are you secretly hitting the box wine? It's that or you need to fire your ghost writer.
No, posted that one from work, and they have a new security package that isolates web pages. Darn thing garbled what I type, usually i catch right away and edit to fix, but this one got past me.
Old June 15th, 2021, 17:34
NAXJA Member

Quote:
No, posted that one from work, and they have a new security package that isolates web pages. Darn thing garbled what I type, usually i catch right away and edit to fix, but this one got past me.
Loved it. I was actually rooting for the box wine theory, but ill take it.
Old June 17th, 2021, 14:29
NAXJA Member

Ok,who stopped in Woodstock,Va for lunch at Taco Bell,today,6/17.Pulling XJ w/ a Dark Grey JT. I would have stopped to talk ,but my ice-cream would have melted.
Member#17
NRA Life member, AARP NovaJeepers
96XJ,4.0,AW4,D30/D44,4:10s,Detroit,4.5" lift 33,s