• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What color paint?

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
So I am prerring my Jeep for new paint due to oxidation. The only spots it is oxidized is on the roof, hood, and the grills in front of the windshield. I was thinking I could go with metalic grey factory color, or I could start from the header panel all the way back with a gloss black paint. So therefore the sides and back would be grey but the header panal, hood, vents, and top would be gloss black. What do you think, would it look better all grey, or better black on the top. Also I have never painted a car before so I think the metalic paint might be a little tougher to do than just a black paint. I am taking my time and doing this in an enclosed space with a paint gun. Thanks

Wheretopaint.jpg

mask off,start with green,finish off with grampas old tremclad,It'll look cool once you drag her down the side of a tree:roll: .
Anyways my buddy painted his with a cheap hvlp setup, gunmetal metalic grey with the hood, roof and gate satin black and it ended up looking really good.

I think if you used the body line just below the door handles as a break point, your two-tone idea would look pretty good. Maybe a stripe of a brighter color between them too. I personally like the lighter color on top though, I think it gives the effect that the truck is taller. How about silver on top, charcoal sides, and a bright accent, maybe blue or red?

Man that would be to much work for me having to sand down half of the rest or the body to. Plus the paint is just fine on the sides. It might look better though! When I think of doing just black on the top I think of the hemi dodge chargers with black only on the top and they look really good. I know doing it the factory cooler all over again would look good, but maybe just something to set it apart that won't look dumb.

Back