• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very Strange Behavior

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I am a little concerned about my Jeep's electrical system. Been working on some body work on the drivers side in the rear qtr. I removed the inner mouldings and disconnected the wiring harness behind it. I tried to start the Jeep today and it would not start. It seemed to be a spark issue. I opened the rear hatch and reconnected 2 of the ground wires as they made the rear dome light brighter and sure enough the Jeep started right up. I shut it off, and went to close the rear hatch so I could move it. It of course would not start. I reopened the hatch to inspect the wires and tried again it started right up. I went back and shut the hatch. The engine abruptly died. I then reconnected the last ground wire and all was well? Am I taking crazy pills:confused: Is this normal or has my electrical been hacked by the PO?:dunno:

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Jeremy

PS-It's a 97 SE

lol,

did you hack away at the harness?

j/k

no clue on this one, you should post it up in the OEM Tech section, i've found that it helps. Just take all the black wires and run them to a ground point, or better yet, chop off the rear of the jeep and get rid of the hatch all together :)

I'd have to look at a wiring diagram... but you could be dealing with a ground for the fuel pump back there. I'd just clean it up good so that it's got a good connection and not worry TOO much about it ;)

John

Ahh fuel pump, this rings true! I would say that is exactly it! Thanks, Gives me piece of mind!

Jeremy
Avanteone said:
I'd have to look at a wiring diagram... but you could be dealing with a ground for the fuel pump back there. I'd just clean it up good so that it's got a good connection and not worry TOO much about it ;)

John

Back