• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Good they finally found it! Give you any details on where or how they found it?

Towed to impound from Dayton and E vasser Dr. I got the call today it was found but no one in today to ask the details or release it from impound . In The area towed from is Auroa .

We got some bad luck with Doggys last Two our Rottweiler and our Boxer died of cancer And I'm very concerned about what I'm spotting in our American bull dog She has always been rather lazy so it's hard to tell when something is wrong , but I've noticed when she gets up her back legs look weak and her gate is goofy and it's not simply her but asleep from laying down . She recently will not jump and while walking she wants to stop and lean into me and use me for I think balance .I looked into these symptoms today and came up with NCL "battens disease" so this week She will be going to the vet to get DNA tested . She's been to the vet recently , but apparently this is something they don't really look for unless they know to . She's less than 1.5 years old that's really young to be falling apart . During my reading on NCL it appears it's completely preventable as it's purely genetic and they do test for NCL and they are not supposed to breed dogs who have the gene it also takes both parents having the disease to pass it on to the offspring , so the poor doggy that has the disease is completely the fault of bad breeders .

Got bored today so I drove up the Poudre to find a trail Ide seen a year ago. The gate was locked so I kept going toward Gould.

Long trip short, if you haven't been to State Forest State Park, you need to go. The road I found was bockman rd which connects to montgomery pass, Both are snowed in still. However you can enter the park further west and take bull mountain rd in. I cant believe Ive never been up there until now, dang glad I'm aware of it.

Yeah, looks I'l get some Solid Axle Inner C's on the way.

Still a $400+ hit, but at least they're an upgrade, and not an utter insane PITA to do.

Talked to Josh at CrawlerTech for a few and he gave me some good tips...since he's done dozens of dozens of axles.

I might however, focus back on the Blue XJ. I don't have a whole lot of work before it's driveable. Once I get the trans back for my truck (a few days away from it being at the shop for TWO months), that'll be priority. I've got everything pretty much for that rig ready to go and sitting on shelves.

ORI's haven't even gone back out the door yet, so it's not like the buggy is moving super soon anyhow.

I thought about new inner c's the stock ones I have are gusseted , but that's a project for later . As for ORI rebuilds don't know why you don't do those at home I bought the stuff to easy work on them so I can do stuff without waiting they are not hard to work on .I ordered Two new Black shells so the Red ones I bought from John at flop shop match the new ones bought from Jensen.

I thought about new inner c's the stock ones I have are gusseted , but that's a project for later . As for ORI rebuilds don't know why you don't do those at home I bought the stuff to easy work on them so I can do stuff without waiting they are not hard to work on .I ordered Two new Black shells so the Red ones I bought from John at flop shop match the new ones bought from Jensen.

Yeah, I'd never really worry about the Inner C's myself unless I were racing or something. It's pretty rare to have those give.

I'll be sending in the ORI's since part of the work should be covered under warranty. That, and honestly I don't have the time right now. Once they're back, i'll look at getting stuff to do that, in case I need to.

But for now, I've got lots of other stuff to focus on.

Yeah, I'd never really worry about the Inner C's myself unless I were racing or something. It's pretty rare to have those give.

I'll be sending in the ORI's since part of the work should be covered under warranty. That, and honestly I don't have the time right now. Once they're back, i'll look at getting stuff to do that, in case I need to.

But for now, I've got lots of other stuff to focus on.

My plate is full as well and not much time to clear it with . I have unfinished affairs with my stolen XJ which will be taking up some free time ...lol...the folks who took that Jeep probably think they did without a trace ...lol...they would be wrong .

When they calked over the weekend they said my car was on hold they said because it was reported stolen ...today I call the the numbers to try and release it and none of those folks are available , but I'm told it's on hold because it was used to commit burglary... If navajo express did not have such a crappy lot set up thieves wouldn't have been able to steal my Jeep while out of town earning a living. It would also be less of a concern that folks who work on that side of the buikding could be involved if Navajo didn't employ ex cons like they do and Halfway house bums as it puts the crook elements right on a very poorly secured lot by their own doing

Asked DJ if when he swapped from tan interior to gray if that included the dash...I assume it would since usually they match the interior ...The reason I inquired is because the dash vin plate was found missing when recovered and I never looked to see if it was there at time of purchase so possibility exists it was just not there ...So DJ was that vin plate swapped over or was it missing before stolen ?

The cops are worse than the thieves they call me on this past Saturday saying they recovered my Jeep but it's on a hold and it being a holiday weekend not much can be done until Tuesaday , well Tuesday the 3 ring circus starts with multiple phone calls to many people and during these games of phone tag the Jeep keeps getting further away . At first I'm told it had a hold for stolen vehicle, which yeah it was stolen I'm the damn owner ...case solved... then I'm told it's on hold because the dash vin plate is missing which I don't see what can be done about that from putting a hold on it , buy 4 days of phone tag and they remove the hold for the vin after I mention the possibility it was never there due to previous owner swapping interior , but I could not get him to answer me and confirm. So they then say the vehicle is still on a 2nd hold with Denver and Detective Matens for being used in conjunction with a theft, well detective Matens is unreachable and returns no calls , so I'm really getting pissed off with these f-ing cops they won't let me see the vehicle to confirm condition or what's left of my property inside ...hell...these folks never even took a list of what goods I had inside the Jeep prior to theft so they could separate thieves stuff from my belongings. I'm on the road and can't even get a heads up release date so when they do I can be ready to get it and not have to pay storage fees after it's released . I get it that it was used in a crime , so get the damn prints and Lego my damn eggo.

These cops probably have at most some petty theft commited by a tweeker while rolling my stolen jeep and they want to hold my property like they are solving the crime of the century meanwhile I'm the victim of felony car theft , hell ,the brand new optima battery In the back was worth $250 alone probably more than anything the crooks stole while joy riding my Jeep . And these folks still don't know what items are mine Inside the vehicle.

Cops suck .

Well they spray painted the dash red ...the optima battery is gone . They said they had a neighbor call in for a burglary on his neighbors house and this was how the Jeep connected with a burglary. They were Two "Hispanic males" ... I'm not done with this yet and I'm setting my sights on them being creatures of habit ....lol...they will wish they stayed home making Tacos if caught by me .

Truth.

:moon:

Well they suck when they are holding my Jeep hostage...but anyway Detective Kevin Matens called me back and released it no charges even for the time it takes to get home and manage to get it on my trailer. It will live again as the commuter car and parking lot bait vehicle ... LoL you guys catch a crook and treat them so nice and humane ...lol...if I catch them with my bait hook they will rejoice when the cops do show up after paying my restitution fee .

Any suggestions for a new muffler for the 5.7 in the Commander the stock is super quiet I want it audible with a deep grumble and moderately loud under full throttle...I don't want another 30° glass pack and performance cat like my old ZJ that sounded great parked at idle but rolling it sounded like a tractor with a Drone and heavy throttle was cool the first day but was just too much for something that slow .

Asked DJ if when he swapped from tan interior to gray if that included the dash...I assume it would since usually they match the interior ...The reason I inquired is because the dash vin plate was found missing when recovered and I never looked to see if it was there at time of purchase so possibility exists it was just not there ...So DJ was that vin plate swapped over or was it missing before stolen ?

Dash swap for color on an XJ does not require the entire frame. There are really just a few trim cover pieces that need to be swapped out. The frame with harness can be retained, which is where the VIN plate is attached, and yes, that was intact.

Any suggestions for a new muffler for the 5.7 in the Commander the stock is super quiet I want it audible with a deep grumble and moderately loud under full throttle...I don't want another 30° glass pack and performance cat like my old ZJ that sounded great parked at idle but rolling it sounded like a tractor with a Drone and heavy throttle was cool the first day but was just too much for something that slow .

Loved the Gibson on the WK with the 5.7

http://gibsonperformance.com/i-2273...ear=2008||make=JEEP||model=COMMANDER, LIMITED

Dash swap for color on an XJ does not require the entire frame. There are really just a few trim cover pieces that need to be swapped out. The frame with harness can be retained, which is where the VIN plate is attached, and yes, that was intact.

Yeah since I never looked for the plate I was just not 100% it was there . I've yet to see it in person but I got two stories the First was vin plate was missing, but the second from the detective was they ... spray painted ...the dash Red to hide the plate . Either way this will be out back on the road and used as my commuter only ...lol...and bait car . I really hope to get to use my new toys especially the taser .

The jeep has all the emblems hit knifed off...Jeep grill logo...4.0 hatch...cherokee door all hot knifed off.

Dash painted krylon red ...possibly to hide vin plate, it probably did not cover , so they pulled the dash vin plate.

Driver side from fender to tail light painted over with KRYLON RED.

Front bumper and header painted with...krylon red...

Hood misted with ...krylon red.

Looks like that's all the krylon that could steal as the passenger side was still factory chilli pepper red .

They painted right over the glue left from the emblems they cut off so ghost letters clearly visible.

They popped out the couple dents in the driver front fender.

They punched the door lock out with a screw driver

Removed the ignition key lock cylinder

Pulled the relays ...guess they did not want other pirates to steal their booty between use .

Fake plate from another XJ with my month and date tag grafted onto it.

Some cheap tools left behind

My new yellow top optima gone with the 0 gauge jumpers .

The sweet paint job , complete stupidity to think the body work would hide the vehicle VS just leaving stock along with this eye witness description of the jeeps occupants during a reported burglary...--" Two Hispanic males who were speaking Spanish "

This points towards the part of Colorado's (CHEDDAR POPULATION) ...lol...I really hope they try to steal it after I set it up because they will wish they stayed in the deep South...lol... I'm going to put a Trump sticker on it to taunt them .

Going to a full day with a couple cans of lacquer thinner and some towels the cheap krylon should wipe off from the factory 2k paint without a trace and replace the lock cylinder. I may try and get new vin id assigned so the one they stole is useless for future use.

Last edited:
Back