• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Workday - April 22nd

peterjford

NAXJA Forum User
Usually we follow some jerk around on these but he won't be joining us this weekend.

So, who wants to go, what trails to you want to run (2N49, 2N47 (Cleghorn), or 2N04), and where do you want to meet? The easiest for me would be to meet at the start of 2N49 off Palm in San Bernardino, but we can do Discovery Center in Fawnskin for 2N04 or the Cleghorn exit off the 15 for 2N47 (Cleghorn).

There won't be any camping Saturday night or lunch provided, but you might be able to trade with my sons for some cheetos or string cheese.

Stock XJ's can run all the trails (bypasses on Cleghorn). 2wd if you have tow points. Other vehicles welcome.

Shoes must cover toes and bring a hard hat if you have one. Gloves, long pants and long sleeve shirts are recommened. I will bring extra Loppers.

CB comms on the 4s, started at channel 4, then going to 14, 24 etc if there is interference. Or we can use our HAM radios... everyone has a license by now, right?

I just wrote this from memory of what Sequoia usually writes, hope I got this right.

Let me know if you can make it, Ronan wants to see all my Jeep buddies on Saturday.

What the heck, I'll play! 2N49 would be the responsible choice, especially since you mentioned some stuff that needs a truck. We'd be able to dump the stuff at North Shore when we're done.
2N47 does sound like fun, though, I must admit. Lots of fun! Flip a coin? Draw straws? Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock?

I checked the other day and Hwy 138 appears to be open for getting back to the I-15.

Either way we will need to be very mindful of Rattle Snakes. They are out in force this spring. No forays deep into the brush for a granola bar wrapper.

Currently the plan is for me to lead an AAT run of Cleghorn Ridge (2N47) Friday morning May 5th and head to Big Bear for SoCal Fest afterward.

And here that jerk made it sound like there were definite plans for this weekend:

Yes we will have our own. April 22 - 23 is on the books as the next date. April 22 for Cleghorn, April 23 for 2N49 unless we need to continue on Cleghorn.

From here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1138327&page=2

I guess something must have changed.

I only remembered because other obligations prevent me from being available this weekend.

May 5 has potential though.

I have never done Cleghorn. Is a relatively stock 4x4 adequate to the task?

I have never done Cleghorn. Is a relatively stock 4x4 adequate to the task?

Other than a couple pucker marks on the driver's seat my MJ did fine. There are bypasses for all of the tougher sections.

Last edited:
Are you on 31" tires?

I think my 235s are just shy of 29".

No lockers and no rocker protection yet.

235 AT and open/open. 2" lift front only and sway bar disconnects, no rocker protection.

Plus you have the extra length in the back.

Sounds like I don't need to worry about it.

I will plan on trying to make it up there early Friday. Shucks. That means we will have to bail on a day of school. Field trip!!

party1:

I may join you guy if you stay on my side of the mountain, have to be back by 3 to go to prom. ;)

Do you have your dress picked out already?

235 AT and open/open. 2" lift front only and sway bar disconnects, no rocker protection.

Tim was amazing. Sometimes he was way up in front and I didn't see a lot of it, but what I saw was awesome. Many times I would get to a tough spot and couldn't believe he got through, but I guess he believed and that is why he made it.

I may join you guy if you stay on my side of the mountain, have to be back by 3 to go to prom. ;)

Is your side of the mountain 2N49? I thought you "owned" the whole mountain?

I'm good with 2N49 too. Do we know what time?

I am NOT showing up in a tux. Period.

:confused1

I hope this reaches everyone in time. I plan on being at the trailhead at the end of Palm at 0900. My kids bladders might delay us a bit but I think we can make it.

Welp, cleghorn is on fire. Here's a start to fire season.

I may have to run up there towards the end of the week in the event theyou get it out. I was surprised to not see or hear any planes. From what I gather they are deployed elsewhere. Wonder what genius decided that was a good idea?

I don't see any more smoke from down in the valley; how about from Hesperia?

Back