• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Hood Latch fits poorly after new latches installed

zeke2230

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I've run into a problem that has me a little stumped. My son helped me put in new hood latches on the left and right, both on the hood and in the engine compartment (If you haven't done this, it's not difficult, but man, are there a lot of pieces to move out of the way to get to them). Once we got them in and replaces the shims that came with the stock latches (the ones in the engine compartment, not the ones on the hood), and we closed the hood, the hood didn't close flush - it's now lower by 1/8 -1/4 of an inch. We went back in through the grill and tried to add more shims to bring up the lower latches, but the bolts aren't long enough. Anyone know the bolt size or had this problem. I want to get the hood back to flush with the front grill and sides. I've tried to attach or link some photos so you can see what I'm referring to. It's the photo titled "XJ Hood Latch Off center", which is photo #1 - for some reason Snapfish defaults to the last photo (#6).

t_=16142519

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=152083644/PictureID=2883800512/a=16142519_16142519/t_=16142519

Z

Back