• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What fits what ?

LS1Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching on this all morning and can't find this :read: .. What can I get to replace my D35:explosion

I have read 8.8's D-60 D-44 .. What do these come from and what years should I look for or avoid, I'd like to do this cheaply which one requires the least amount of money to get going .. thanks

If you go the 8.8 route you could look for one out of a 95 or newer because they come with disc brakes. If you find one with the correct gear ratio all you need to do is relocate the spring perches and shock mounts.

LS1Jeep said:
What things and years did the D44 come in that will bolt right in ?
If you can get your hands on one, the D44 was available in the XJ from '87 thru '89 and is THE easiest, a direct bolt in. I believe they were most common (more common than other years, not other rears) in '87.

That said I'm going to make you sick. Two weeks ago I scored a complete '87 Pioneer with the D44/4.0/AW4/242 for $80. Guy didn't know what he had, just wanted rid of it.

I was all too happy to oblige him. :D:D:D:D

non-stick said:
If you can get your hands on one, the D44 was available in the XJ from '87 thru '89 and is THE easiest, a direct bolt in. I believe they were most common (more common than other years, not other rears) in '87.

That said I'm going to make you sick. Two weeks ago I scored a complete '87 Pioneer with the D44/4.0/AW4/242 for $80. Guy didn't know what he had, just wanted rid of it.

I was all too happy to oblige him. :D:D:D:D

ahhhhhh you suck lol thats about 2k worth of parts easy

I'll be on the prowl for a 44

Back