• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beater XJ

itrack

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up this 91 Limited last weekend and thought I would post a few pics as I fix it up. Here it is as I bought it last weekend. It had a mix of different 33" tires and a ton of body damage and broken front windsheild.

I took it to get glass the next day and got some new Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.5r15's put on today. The ride is way smoother than I expected for a hybrid tire.

It already had a lift on it. I think it is a 4", but I'm not sure of the brand.

I scored some new manual doors for cheap off craigslist to replace the trail damaged ones.

I'm working on cutting the rockers out today to add some 2x6 3/16 square bar for sliders. Here is where I'm at now.

The paint is some cheap spray on latex army green. I like the green but its chipping off so I will be Herculining the jeep with green tinted liner on the outside.

You're off to a great start, enjoy!

Those coils look like rubicon express. :dunno:

What are your plans for it?

Keep up the good work! I think youll like those tires too.

Thanks, I did alot of research on the tires and they stack up to the MTR's with a slight disadvantage in mud/rock but way better snow/ice/rain/wear/street manners. This will be my pick the kids up from school/wheelin jeep.

That's a great tire choice for that, way better than the bfg a/t... I put them on my aunts tj and have been really happy with them.

Finally got some time to work on it today. Hopefully I can finish up all the welding tomorow so I can get those sliders and jams herculined and put the doors on for a trip Saturday, going shark fishing.

I'm putting four of these tabs on each side, might come back with more supports later.

On the jeep

Started trimming the rear wheel arch and doing the quarter fold. Need to finish tacking the fenders and the box fold.

Back