• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers and diff oil

The locker doesn't care, use whatever fits your temp range!

I add the stinky stuff you put in for limited slip diffs.....it seems to cut down on the clicking noise some.

I also get it from ford....bottle is 2x as big as mopar, and cost 1/2 as much

I add the stinky stuff you put in for limited slip diffs.....it seems to cut down on the clicking noise some.

I also get it from ford....bottle is 2x as big as mopar, and cost 1/2 as much

I left a sealed bottle of that stuff in my daily for half a day, in the sun. Wanted to throw up on the ride home. It's stinky.

I left a sealed bottle of that stuff in my daily for half a day, in the sun. Wanted to throw up on the ride home. It's stinky.
As if gear oil isn't bad enough.
:roflmao:

Yum!

Blue Bottle Valvoline is a semi synthetic do the 85 140. Full synthetic typically is not recommended by most aftermarket axle housing manufacturers as for one it's not really needed and what we do and for two it's overly expensive compared to just basic conventional or semi synthetic. The blue bottle Valvoline covers everything since it has an additive blend into it, basically.

The owner of the gear shop that installed gears in my rig a couple of years ago recommended Lucas 85W140. I have an Ox locker Up front and an Eaton Detroit locker in the rear. I recently had both diff covers off for different reasons and can see that the gears are in great shape and the oil was very clean in both diffs. So I guess the Lucas 85W140 has been doing its job.

As long as the oil has an API Seal, it's the right oil.

High dollar "Performance Lubricants" are snake oil for the average DD/Weekend trail rig.

Friction Modifiers are only needed in Limited Slip Differentials.

only needed...yes....but it does help cut down on the clicking noise.....never said it was needed

Back