• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

That's a shame to read, but racing takes more than 100% most of the time...the reason I've never gotten involved. Good job and good showing for cherokees and naxja. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear this Cal but it sounds like the best course of action considering everything going on in your life. You still have that other XJ right?

yup. probably keeping it at 2" lift and 30's for now, but its a shifter away from being a functional 4 wheel drive.

Hey Cal. I totally understand where you're coming from. I started my LS swap 6 months before we bought a new house. Then we had a baby and its been over 2 years since I started (shoot almost a two and a half). Sometimes life steps in and gives you time check. At least you still have a Jeep to drive around!

I use google photos for mine. I pay the 10 or 20 bucks for 100GB of storage, cheap imo.

I'm having craps loads of fun in my DD with 31's. Moving on to something else or stepping back isn't bad. You still have the stories which is what's worth the most.

But it was built with radius arms so it must be terrible

This is sad but understandable. All good things...

John

Cleaned it out.

rezM2oz.jpg

b9CskqA.jpg

nDtR2rC.jpg

pF0TTsH.jpg

BnXAhrL.jpg

Once we removed the fun bits, winched it back on the trailer.

Many won't understand, but this was a very multigenerational changing of the guard moment for me here.

MSzK0e6.jpg

ESDoy0f.jpg

And tucked away for later.

SW5KYKL.jpg

Shortly we'll pull the axles off for their new owner and probably put the chassis on a pole in front of Richards shop. ;)

I'm both sad and relieved to be closing this chapter of my life. I bonded with a few old friends and several new ones through the course of this project, learned a lot, and had countless good times.

Now its time to finish up Project Unicorn so we can all sit around a campfire and not worry about race logistics for the next morning.

Game Over.

82NIMoY.jpg

Now it's time to return to telling stories around a campfire with my friends.

I can't tell you how much that excites me.

Back