• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Trouble Codes

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
Was on my way to work this morning when I noticed the Jeep was idling a bit rough and almost immediately after I noticed it, my check engine light came on. Gauges all looked good and it "seemed" normal so I kept going to work. Came home and called the parts store and brought it in to get the codes read. They came up with three codes:

P0700 - EATX Controller DTC Present
P0705 - Absolutely no idea as it doesn't show up in the DTC list in the FSM
P0463 - Fuel Level Sending Unit Volts Too High

I can sorta figure out P0463 as I'm gonna go out and meter the wiring and see what the problem is and if it can be fixed but as far as the other two go, how do I find out what's going on? The FSM isn't exactly helpful for these two codes.

Gremlins, gremlins EVERYWHERE. Did some digging, pulled out the wiring diagram for the NSS and checked the continuity in all gear ranges. No continutity in Neutral but all other gears are good. Plugged it back in and started it up....no CEL. Not sure if the codes are still stored in the system but the light is out in any case. No idea what's going on with the fuel snag though.....that one is wierd. I do need to pull my NSS at some point and clean it. Thing won't start in Neutral and my reverse lights are tempermental at best.

Mine WAS acting up a long time ago. The gauge would go all over the place depending on humidity, temperature, level of fuel, etc but lately it's been pretty good. Also, when its hot out, I can't just start the Jeep right away, I need to turn the key to "on" and let the fuel pump prime the lines and shut off before I start otherwise the engine starts but immediately bogs down and sometimes stalls. I've been kinda thinking about replacing the whole shebang with a new unit and solve two problems at once.

As far as the transmission codes, I'm gonna pull my NSS off and clean it. Parts store here wanted $648 for a new one....told them to jam it, I'll clean my old one first and see if that solves the problem but as of now, still no CEL so I'm fine for the time being.

Back