• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle Relocators...Fun On The Fourth

Paul Airhart

NAXJA Forum User
We had such fun, three maybe four hours and we're off to a night run to the top of the hill to watch the fireworks in the valley.

From reading the thread these should be easy...Yeah Right:

SR-1.jpg

Here's a pic from their thread showing it on the outside:

IMG_0205-1.jpg

Hacking with a saws all and beating with a hammer we could not get close.

SR-2.jpg

SR-3.jpg

SR-4.jpg

SR-7.jpg

SR-5.jpg

SR-6.jpg

Scott-Ray-and-more-hair.jpg

Thank You For a WONDERFUL 4th of July and quite the adventure.

Next time I want to buy an up grade for my truck I think I'll go through some more spinal surgery instead, it was more fun.

If the stock shackle boxes were not so hammered up from us trying to get these things to fix on the outside, I would have returned these Pieces Of $hit.

There is no excuse for this, I bought them new, for my truck. And this is what I get.

Wow I was thinking about getting a set. I'll reconsider.

I'm curious as to why you didn't just stop putting them on, then call the guy on monday and ask for another set?

How hard is it to just put the shackle back on and then wait for a new set to show up? From what I've seen he's been a very stand up guy as far as customer service is concerned.

I'm curious as to why you didn't just stop putting them on, then call the guy on monday and ask for another set?

How hard is it to just put the shackle back on and then wait for a new set to show up? From what I've seen he's been a very stand up guy as far as customer service is concerned.

What he said to.

I guess you didn't read it all. I said we had saws-all'ed and beat them to death trying to get the holes to line up.
the stock shackle boxes were in no condition to be used.

crappy for you! mine were on in less than a couple hours!! Maybe a bad set? maybe a your truck was slightly tweaked? Mine even tied in with a new trailer hitch. Love em, sorry to hear of your poor experience! I have used their other products with nothing but good fit and satisfaction.

Trucks never been hit, they were that off on both sides. I am glad your's fit right, I guess they weren't stoned on the day they made your's.

I guess you didn't read it all. I said we had saws-all'ed and beat them to death trying to get the holes to line up.
the stock shackle boxes were in no condition to be used.

And you didn't think to stop? Nope, instead you are going to flame this Vendor because you beat the crap out of your jeep? TEST FIT! if it doesn't fit, stop what you are doing instead of hacking your jeep up to make them fit the wrong way.

You could have saved youself hours if you would have stopped, put the jeep back the way it was and call or PM the guy tomorrow. After reading this, I think you are the only one I've seen with a problem... maybe it's just your jeep.....

Trucks never been hit, they were that off on both sides. I am glad your's fit right, I guess they weren't stoned on the day they made your's.
I'd talk to them,maybe they can send you another set. Most good companies stand by their product and will make things right.

x2 on the flaming, everyone has a percent of error,yes even you!

If I buy a part for my truck, and pay good money for them I expect them to be at least close. A little modification is normal, and we came close but not that close. But I had read their thread, I had read of no problems...They must fit, maybe if we bash the box in more? I bought these here to to support our vendors. But if they can't deliver a part that fits don't sell them to me. Those boxes are welded in and would be very difficult to remove.

If he's your buddy I am sorry but these parts he sold me Suck. I guess I should have said nothing? It's OK if he's your Buddy?

And you didn't think to stop? Nope, instead you are going to flame this Vendor because you beat the crap out of your jeep? TEST FIT! if it doesn't fit, stop what you are doing instead of hacking your jeep up to make them fit the wrong way.

You could have saved youself hours if you would have stopped, put the jeep back the way it was and call or PM the guy tomorrow. After reading this, I think you are the only one I've seen with a problem... maybe it's just your jeep.....

:flame: You got that right, these things are wrong..How did they get out of the shop being this far off? A1/4" is alot when they are this thick.. Did you read the tread, SAW ZAW means CUTTING...Like you have to do..We all have off days, but i hope nobody else gets a set of these being this far off.. But if they do they will just wait a week for new ones, hey rent a car to go to work..This is his DD MALL crawler:D

If I buy a part for my truck, and pay good money for them I expect them to be at least close. A little modification is normal, and we came close but not that close. But I had read their thread, I had read of no problems...They must fit, maybe if we bash the box in more? I bought these here to to support our vendors. But if they can't deliver a part that fits don't sell them to me. Those boxes are welded in and would be very difficult to remove.

If he's your buddy I am sorry but these parts he sold me Suck. I guess I should have said nothing? It's OK if he's your Buddy?

How hard would it have been to stop and call the guy tomorrow rather than flame him on here? All that time with MS paint and photobucket pointing out all the problems could have been used to call the guy and state your case. My bet is that he would have sent you a new set. If that set didn't fit, chances are it your jeep

Oh... and he's not my buddy, but I would do buisness with him again...

:flame: You got that right, these things are wrong..How did they get out of the shop being this far off? A1/4" is alot when they are this thick.. Did you read the tread, SAW ZAW means CUTTING...Like you have to do..We all have off days, but i hope nobody else gets a set of these being this far off.. But if they do they will just wait a week for new ones, hey rent a car to go to work..This is his DD MALL crawler:D

lets see, a few small cuts and bend the flange in right?
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955999

You guys just cut the flange off, if it didn't fit at this point, stop, put the shackle back in and call the guy the next day. Even if you did make a few small cuts like the thread had show, you could still put it back in, weld the cuts up, and give the guy a call. He didn't make you cut and SAWZALL your jeep.

We should flame this chit dude...Now F head, we did this at my house not his..WE could not drive after cutting his boxes, NOT a good idea to KILL some one cause he got some CHIT parts.
Now read the tread again..WE CUT IT OUT LIKE IT SAYS>.CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

After cutting things get weak, not a smart move to drive this way..BUT i don't think your all that smart to start with..
Sorry but pull your head out..

We should flame this chit dude...Now F head, we did this at my house not his..WE could not drive after cutting his boxes, NOT a good idea to KILL some one cause he got some CHIT parts.

After cutting things get weak, not a smart move to drive this way..BUT i don't think your all that smart to start with..
:sure: dude get it taken care of monday.

:gag:

Ohh I can hear you... I also heard the part about them being welded on now and not going anywhere... Basically you had a welder there, all you had to do was weld up the cuts, and you could drive around again... correct? 20 mins of welding, verses hours of struggle? At least you guys managed to fit the square peg in the round hole....

Back