• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my winter projects / upgrades

srb531

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
in my constant search to spend money on my jeep, every winter i find new ways to do it. this year , rcv axles, psc ram assist steering, clayton adjustable shackles. why ? last trip out broke a chomoly short inner & it took the u joint too, 36 " swampers at 8 lbs are getting harder to push around, shackles - more options to adjust then my current ones. whats ur winter projects ?

Fab steering, track, and long arms. Finish front fenders start rears.

Watching for a ball joint dana60 out of a dodge pickup. Almost any rear will work 2001-2002 to get a non cad houseing.
That will be for next winter along with possibly full hydro steering .

So far my truck has taken priority. Upgraded turbo along with exhaust system and tubing in and out of the intercooler. Id like to build a flat bed to at some point and a jeep specific trailer instead of towing the xj on the the 25k goosekneck.

Also in the middle of buying a house and building a dump truck.

Probably wont be much time for my fun projects this winter, but it's all fun.

I don't have a garage so my winter projects are more about laying ground work for stuff that I would like to start and try to accomplish when the weather gets nice again next spring in my '00 XJ.

One of the things is setting up an aux fuse box and central location for all my relays.
Pretty much figuring out what I want to use and where it will end up.

Back