• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

two air filters?

always_eating_mud

NAXJA Forum User
i have a homemade snork that works great and uses the stock airbox, i was thinking of running a 2nd air filter on the top of the snork, would there be any pros or cons to running two air filters?

i don't think theres a need to run 2. just make sure you have some sort of prefilter or "safari head" on the top of the snorkel.

That's all I can think of. Even the "two-filter" setup on large Diesel engines is just a prefilter and a "real" filter for fine work. The prefilter just makes the primary filter last longer.

So, all you'd end up needing, really, is some open-cell foam sandwiched between screen mesh (f'r instance) to keep crap out of your snorkel.

5-90

Depends on how its set up. If it's a "coarse/fine" arrangement, there's no reason it should cause any issues at all. If the two filters aren't "stacked," but are of a roughly even mesh, that shouldn't cause any trouble either.

Take two fine filters, stack them one on the other, and you'll see reduced airflow all right!

With the engine speeds we usually see, airflow in the intake stream should not suffer due to some obstructions - even with a stroker engine.

5-90

Back