• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Workday Saturday April 7th

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Details to follow, date(s) may be contingent upon participation or the lack there of.

Primary areas of concern are the roofing at 2N47 Hwy 138 trailhead.

2N49 may have downed trees and boulders. There is also a swamp cooler dumped in the usual spot about 1/2 mile in off of palm.

Last edited:
Re: Workday April 7th and/or 8th.

I'm out, sorry.

My wrist is taking its own sweet achy time to heal. I won't be wrenching, pulling, yanking, lifting or jerking for quite a while yet :rattle::tears: :cry:. My surgeon is about to :twak: me anyway, just for how much I already overdo it.

Workday April 7th and/or 8th.

Nevermind! Just found a blown steering damper and a couple bushings that need replacing. Click clack click clack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!
New here but................

I just need to get new motor mounts in my XJ next week, but 98% sure you could put us down to help?

Welcome, and the help would be great. Keep me posted.

As mentioned via text I'm a possibly maybe but likely. The questions is whether I'll get my trailer back into AAT mode as it's currently in flatbed config.

No can do for me. Sunday might be doable if plans change a little.

Sunday might be

As of right now its supposed to rain on Saturday. Not sure how heavy or even if I believe "them".

Workday April 7th and/or 8th.

I tried to convince the wife but apparently she has something planned for my Birthday.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Re: Workday Will Be Saturday April 7th

Work day is Saturday.

Saturday 4/07 we will meet at the trailhead at 9:30am. The trailhead is located at the east end of Palm Ave in San Bernardino where it dead ends at 2N49. Palm is located right off of the I-215.

The plan is to run about a half mile or so and pick up a discarded swamp cooler as well as bag up a bit of garbage that has also been dumped there.

We will then return to the I-215 heading north to the I-138. Its a few miles to Silverwood Lake and the trailhead of 2N47. The plan is to pick up and clear out the last of what had to have been a dump truck load. We'll also sweep the trail as best we can with magnets to remove any roofing nails.

Participants will want to wear boots because of the nails. Dress in layers as it will warm up as the day progresses.
If you have a bow rake, garden claw, square nose or scoop shovel they will be helpful. a 30-ish gallon trash can would also help loading my truck; found that out last time.

Thanks to all who can participate.

What's your status this morning?

We had a productive day. Much more so than anticipated. Someone beet us to the remaining truckload of shingles. We swept the area with magnetics, but other than that it was cleaned up.

This gave the four of us in our rigs to concentrate on the back half on 2N47 from 138 to the fork at 3N22.

Special thanks to Alex and Dusty for suiting up and showing up.

Thanks!
It was really nice meeting you guys, and love doing a little something to help out.
Thanks for putting up with me and my junk.
Next time the 231 will be working. :doh:

Hey Dusty, you look good in red! BTW, you kicked butt in a 5 speed, 4cyl with no 4WD.

Back