• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little Pep in my Strokers step.....

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I finished installing my 1.7 rocker arms to replace my 1.6's. It runs quieter than ever but no "big" change in performance, I haven't had a chance to put the scanner on it yet. I have a feeling that might need to re-install my 27# injectors. My cam is the Comp 68-232-4 so the new lift is .491" Int/ .508" Exh.

It's running so good! I don't want to spend the coin down at the dyno shop again but I am thinking about the "Run what you brung" Friday night drags. What would be a good time for a "flying brick"?

That's cool but sure not realistic! Now add 5.5" lift, 33's and some winch bumpers and rock rails.................
In 60yrs I've only been maybe 3 times to the drags so I don't know what a realistic time would be.

I finished installing my 1.7 rocker arms to replace my 1.6's. It runs quieter than ever but no "big" change in performance,

What rockers did you go with and can they run with an unmodified stock valve cover?

I've seen turbo 4.0s on 15psi run 14 flat, so I'd say running 15 in the 1/4 would be pretty decent imo. Let us know how it goes, I'd definitely like to be able to base mine on something.

Those sound like some good numbers to shoot for, the next R-W-B is on the 8th so hopefully I can get my JK coil conversion done by then.

Back