• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know cfm of stock auxiliary fan?

93xj-jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
after searching through about 6 pages on electric fans i couldnt find what i needed so...

hey im thinking of replacing my stock electric auxiliary fan with an aftermarket and trying to find out what the cfm is on the stock one.

anyone know a good replacement.....i will still be using a clutch fan FYI....by the way anyone know if a 97+ clutch fan is compatible with with the older models (93)?

That's a good question, and worth subscribing to this thread for - you realize there are two different electric fans involved, right? The later ones (94+?) have curved blades and reportedly flow more air than the earlier ones.

As for the clutch, I believe they are the same, although a quick part number comparison (or purchase of 5-90's CFE) will verify that.

ya i know there is two depending on year.....kinda why i am curious what the cfm is of each because i am debating buying an oem newer style with the 8 blades over my current 6 or spending a little extra and purchasing an aftermarket.

perma cool seems to make one of the highest cfm for a 12" diameter electrical fan at a very resonable price of 95 bucks....part number PRM-19008 at summitracing.com

I don't know the CFM but I called Flexilight about the aux fan and they said they can't beat the stock last gen XJ. Evidently the Stocker "S" fan is the best out there and I used it on my 87 mj to solve my cooling issue..

There are 3 different fans, Pre 95 6 blades, 95-99 (I guess) 8 "S" blades and the 10 "S" blades. The last ones are the best flow, I started a tread about the same last year but didn't find the CFM of any of the stock electric fans.

Back