• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail list

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Is there any where I can find a list of the trails we will be doing as a group? My buddy wants to do reading on what he wants to run. Thanks in advance. Can't wait for this trip. Hopefully won't break down this time.

Last edited:
My setup is,
1998 Jeep Cherokee SE (unit 4) 4.0, AW4, 231
4 inch PAC coils front
Clayton long arms (radius)
3.5 IRO leaves
Cross enterprises rear shock hoop
Black zone nitros all around
Hd offroad no lift shackles
Bommerang shackles
255 85 16 Cooper STs (narrow metric 33s)
Spartan locker rear
Detroit Trutrac front
456 gears
WJ knuckles and brakes
98 to 02 durango mc
IRO steering with hiems
Jcr gas tank skid
Goliath TC skid
AJs sliders
AA Sye
Solid diff covers
Artec dana 30 truss
Iro c gussets and tubes
10 factory 8.25 shafts
Nitro chromos dana 30
Raddesigns rail II shifter
Frame stiffeners all the way around
Jks bpes and stem conversion

I got to redo the track bar and mount so I can get the currie antirock installed. My current one is an outside the frame mount.

With that setup you can do most of the trails that will be run.

Those trail ratings are a bit on the conservative side IMO. I've run 6's with zero issues on 31's and 1 locker. Ran 7s and 8s with 33's and 1 locker.

Um, yeah, I don't get those ratings either - ten years ago I did Cliffhanger with 2 inches lift, 30x9.50 ATs, and no lockers, and it was (I think) rated a 6 back then too.

Is there any where I can find a list of the trails we will be doing as a group? My buddy wants to do reading on what he wants to run. Thanks in advance. Can't wait for this trip. Hopefully won't break down this time.

We should hopefully have a preliminary trail schedule by the end of july

Does anyone know the current status of cliffhanger? I was talking to DrMoab about it. He said he hasn't been on it in a few years and heard it's getting pretty bad.

I suppose everyone has different tolerances. I found the steepness of Fins and Things more unsettling than the the higher difficulty rated trails that Ive been on in the descriptions listed earlier in this thread. Might have had something to do with having done it alone. I have done Poison Spider on 31s open open with minimal problems.

Back