• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut and weld... I mean cut nd fold

sinat01

NAXJA Forum User
Soo was doing some "repairs" on my stock bumper that I bent the other night and when I took my bumper cap off on the driver side I accidently put a hole in my rear quarter panel. it is rusted clear through the inside and outside portion that you would usually fold up. so I was doing some digging and found these:

https://www.theflopshopoffroad.com/products/jeep-cherokee-xj-cut-and-fold?variant=4571284865054

does anyone have any experience with these?
If so put up some pictures, how you installed them and pros and cons?
Thank you. :anon:

I don't know why you'd buy those. Cut and fold the sheetmetal already there, and rivet it fast. Might cost you a pair of av shears and some pop rivets. Or go hightech and JB Weld it.

im not the best welder either. I was thinking this would be a nice and clean fix for it. im hoping someone here has used them and can chime in. cuz id really like to get it fixed. but I don't wanna order it if its junk or doesn't fit well.

Their ad says:

Please allow up to a 2 week lead time due to popular demand.

Someones buying them.

Their ad says:

Please allow up to a 2 week lead time due to popular demand.

Someones buying them.

or no one is buying them and they don't keep them in stock -- Need 2 weeks to motivate someone in the shop to bend them up...

I'm doing the same thing right now on a 2000 -- I just wish photobucket didn't destroy the internet -- Finding a thread on how and where to cut and fold with actual,working pictures is proving to be a challenge

or no one is buying them and they don't keep them in stock -- Need 2 weeks to motivate someone in the shop to bend them up...

I'm doing the same thing right now on a 2000 -- I just wish photobucket didn't destroy the internet -- Finding a thread on how and where to cut and fold with actual,working pictures is proving to be a challenge

Bleepinjeep did a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FCUBiCCZg

Those look well designed and built. For people with rusty fenders they will likely make the job easier. $99 bucks is good price for what you get. Keep in mind that having to fit XJ parts to an XJ is nothing unusual.

Those look well designed and built. For people with rusty fenders they will likely make the job easier. $99 bucks is good price for what you get. Keep in mind that having to fit XJ parts to an XJ is nothing unusual.

That was my thought. if I was able to upload a picture I would but interior and exterior portion of my rear quarter is gone.

Hmm...

I have been mulling over ideas for mounting an air compressor inside the rear quarter panel. These could be just the ticket.

Use Google Chrome browser and install the "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" extension. Fixes PB's photos.

What is a flop.shop?

Back