• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is my track bar causing this?

crazymaci

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so this was the test run on my revamped suspension, I went to 4.5 rubicon springs, swapped in a d30 hp and rear d44 among other things. Right away there was loud banging and popping from the front left,quick look and found it was the spring rubbing and catching on the IRO track bar mount,no biggie grind it down later,then I checked again and noticed the driveline is rubbing on the header, ok grind down the corner on the header no biggie. But got to thinking are the two problems connected? I set the track bar to what IRO recommends and my axle is straight (even side to side). I think I took this pic with the passenger side tucked up and driver side drooping,I think.Also will this contact **** up my yoke bearing?What do you guys think.2000 auto 4.5" hp30 d44 zip lockers and stuff

I run an 3.5 lift, hp30 with IRO track bar and no issues....but mines a 93. My guess is that since HPs where fazed out that youll need to get a flex pipe on the down pipe because of the different exhaust.

I run an 3.5 lift, hp30 with IRO track bar and no issues....but mines a 93. My guess is that since HPs where fazed out that youll need to get a flex pipe on the down pipe because of the different exhaust.

Noted,but it's hitting the header as well as the exhaust tube, I don't want to go that drastic of a change(cut up both)for a "patch". I guess what I'm asking is do I need to adjust my track bar towards the driver side, and mess with my axle and Lca geometry for the fix.would I "crabwalk" if I pulled the axle over.

Now you know the reason Jeep went to the LP 30 in the late model Xj's, and it wasn't just to use up leftover TJ axles as many here say.
I would try to tweak it as you say, if that does not work I would lift it another inch (spacers up front, longer shackles or bolt on shackle boxes in the rear to get the extra inch) & take it from there.
Good luck

Are you sure the axle is centered ? Did you extend the bump stops ? My 2000 HP swap didn't hit the exhaust at 3.5" of lift, or now at 5.5", but it has 49 states emissions and no exhaust flanges in that location.

You may have to adjust and run the axle a bit to the drivers side, or have an exhaust shop eliminate the flanges.

So I got under there and did another measurement and it looks like I'm a 3/8 to far too the passenger side. Looks like that would be the culprit

Still sounds like it's going to be real close.
In the picture you posted, it looks like the driveshaft is bottomed out.
Looks like it may be getting pushed into the manifold.

Ya that's the factory shaft its just a patch till I can get one made. I couldn't put it in when it was at full droop on the jack stands I had to jack up the front end a little. Seems like a good time to research a good header as well

Ya that's the factory shaft its just a patch till I can get one made. I couldn't put it in when it was at full droop on the jack stands I had to jack up the front end a little. Seems like a good time to research a good header as well

Does it have the 2 piece header? If yes why change it, the 2 piece design seems to have solved the cracking problem.

Back