• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking For A Local Mechanic to help fix my beast

ExxJayy1998

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone interested in doing a little work on my 99XJ, she runs great but has a few issues with leaks and solenoid prob. I'm currently in Commerce City and can drive her to you. I'm not going to even pretend to be a mechanic although I did keep my Betsey rust bucket running in Illinois and know the basics. I've owned XJ's now for 15 years and love my current one, just not going to drop $$$$$ at local mech shops. This one is clean but I need these issues resolved asap and your average mech shop doesn't know and love these jeeps like you all. PM me if you're interested as I need to get her back in good shape as she is my DD.

Thanks.

P0753, Shift Solenoid, & P0740, recently paid a "transmission mechanic" to drop a rebuilt 231 in and then issues started. Definitely leaks happening from front/rear output shafts on the trans case and now my 4x4 part time shift light won't work. She drives, shifts smooth, goes into 4L so no issues there. Engine oil leak from valve cover and front pinion seal is leaking. I'm thinking she needs a drain and solenoid check, refill, sealed on output shafts, pinion sealed, just not sure. I know someone experienced in XJ's can look at it and get here up to speed.

I chatted with this guy for a bit after selling him some MJ part. He seems to know his stuff and only works on Jeeps. He's over in englewood. Jeeperformance 3037897640

Back