NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old September 15th, 2016, 16:33
NAXJA Forum User

Alternative leaf spring bushings?

I have a 1998 Cherokee 4x4 that I am about to replace the leaf springs on. I got the new springs, Rancho RS44148 today, and discovered that they have totally different bushings than the stock springs! I wasn't expecting that, and the nice new set of Moog bushings that I just got are useless to me now. That's what I get for not looking under my Jeep before I ordered stuff. I see now that Rancho's bushing and u-bolt set, RS746, is what goes with these springs, but I am not a big fan of poly bushings, and I was planning to re-use my original axle u-bolts.
So, my question is, does anyone know of alternative bushings that fit this application? Hopefully rubber?
Meanwhile, if anyone needs a complete set of Moog bushings for the factory leaf springs, let me know. I'll be listing the ones I just bought on eBay tomorrow.
Thanks!
Old September 16th, 2016, 06:08
NAXJA Member

Re: Alternative leaf spring bushings?

Re-using u bolts is not advised.

Where in tx are you? Check out the red river chapter