• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No spark

Rob Dimel

NAXJA Forum User
I have an ‘89 XJ with auto trans. It cranks, but won’t start. I’ve checked it for spark and it definitely has no spark.

We’ve fired the parts cannon at it. Replaced the ignition switch, the crank position sensor, the ignition control module, the coil, ignition relay, and used Cruiser 54’s guide to refresh all the grounds. Nothing.

The other odd thing is the fuel pump does not prime when the key is turned on. However i created a direct ground that bypasses the harness ground and hooked it to the fuel pump relay. The pump kicks on and stays on.

I’ve been convinced it’s been a ground issue, but I’m not sure since we’ve upgraded and refreshed them. This thing is killing me.

I have an ‘89 XJ with auto trans. It cranks, but won’t start. I’ve checked it for spark and it definitely has no spark.

We’ve fired the parts cannon at it. Replaced the ignition switch, the crank position sensor, the ignition control module, the coil, ignition relay, and used Cruiser 54’s guide to refresh all the grounds. Nothing.

The other odd thing is the fuel pump does not prime when the key is turned on. However i created a direct ground that bypasses the harness ground and hooked it to the fuel pump relay. The pump kicks on and stays on.

I’ve been convinced it’s been a ground issue, but I’m not sure since we’ve upgraded and refreshed them. This thing is killing me.
Did you solve this? Jive up or still trying?

Back