• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slight second of wobble when accelerating from stop

Cerober1

NAXJA Forum User
When I accelerate from a stand still I get a split second of side to side wobble then it stables out. I can't really tell if it's coming from the front or rear. I'm running a 3 inch crap comp lift with stock leafs and all sway bars. There is no extra play in my u joints so I don't think it's them. But I am getting a loud thunk when I put it in gear. Any Ideas

Do you have the slip yoke at the front of the rear DS? As per forum advice in a post from Joe Peters I removed the DS and really greased up the splines with a very heavy Red grease from NAPA. My clunk shifting into gear was gone. (I also had a loosy-goosy tranny mount that I think may have contributed or been a partial result of this.)

Is your wobble like body roll side to side, a steering pull, or more like a dog leg side to side feel? In general I would look at all the bushings and check the U-Bolts. Also wiggle all the wheels to do a general check of tightness in everything up front.

Just another thought, you could also check that you don't have any broken upper shock bolts in the rear.

Last edited:
Ok I'll look at all the stuff listed above. It almost feels like when I had 46 inch tires on a truck and the tires would wiggle back and forth for a second till I got up to speed and they would straighten them selves out. I did just replace all my ball joints and tie rod ends and tightened my leafs down

Start with your engine and transmission mounts.

Next, check the suspension, front and rear.

Make sure the rear u-bolts are tight and the pins haven't sheared off the spring packs.

Check your track bar and CA bushings.

Back