• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sudden Crank/No Start condition - also no accessories in On/Run?

As I go through this thread, I'm starting to recall my own issues with my ignition switch. This predates my joining NAXJA.

I recall my switch connector was burned at the brown wire. I ended up cutting away the charred plastic leaving a gap. I crimped a blade terminal on the brown wire and after connecting the new switch, pushed the bladed terminal back on the tab in the switch.

Probably close to 20 years ago now. Bought it in 2000.

As I go through this thread, I'm starting to recall my own issues with my ignition switch. This predates my joining NAXJA.

I recall my switch connector was burned at the brown wire. I ended up cutting away the charred plastic leaving a gap. I crimped a blade terminal on the brown wire and after connecting the new switch, pushed the bladed terminal back on the tab in the switch.

Probably close to 20 years ago now. Bought it in 2000.

Thank you for the info. I wont be able to get back on this until Friday morning, but Im going to try to run the brown wire back to its appropriate place. As ive been digging through and looking at things, I see where the previous owner spliced all kinds of things together or added other things - Im assuming it used to have a CB radio in it.

I appreciate the help so far and hope youre still around this weekend!

It sounds like a FSM would benefit you greatly!

Back