• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GPNF Snow Run: Tuesday 12/15

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's been dumping in the Cascades (supposedly 1.5' as of Sat). I'm looking to head up into the Gifford Pinchot, Tuesday, and see what the conditions are like.

Meet in Battle Ground, 0900, and we'll wing it from there. Anyone feeling ill? :cool:

8440A050-2636-42F5-AD95-62D166D02BFD-6486-000007A7B026C755.jpg

I won't be able to make it out for this, but I'm curious to know where you like to go from Battleground. Ever go up into the Canyon Creek drainage East of Chelatchie (Healy Road)?

I won't be able to make it out for this, but I'm curious to know where you like to go from Battleground. Ever go up into the Canyon Creek drainage East of Chelatchie (Healy Road)?

Yes, out past Chelatchie Prairie you can get on the 54rd, which offers some good elevation gain, and lots of connecting forest service roads.

Our other more popular option is out past Sunset Falls on the 42 and 41 roads. Again, good elevation gain, and lots of connecting roads to explore. These run near the East Fork of the Lewis, and Copper Creek.

As long as the snow holds up, I plan on making a lot of trips this winter.

I am working tomorrow but would be interested in future trips. It has beens few years since i have been about wheeling up east of Chelatchie prairie.

Amazing conditions today! I'll get some pics up in a bit. After a pathetic winter last year, it was so nice to get back into some good snow pack. I have hopes it's only going to get better as winter progresses too.

Ahhhh, Copper Creek, I know the area well:

https://vimeo.com/19081859

One of my all-time fav's. Super scenic up there.
I had a hunch you'd know of Copper Creek. Oftentimes when I'm heading back from the snow I'll come across some shuttle rigs with kayaks on top.

Cool vid. :thumbup:
I am working tomorrow but would be interested in future trips. It has beens few years since i have been about wheeling up east of Chelatchie prairie.
Good to hear, Paul. Keep an eye out for future trips.

Back